Help needed to get camera to show on internet whilst away from home

warmbells

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have an iMiniCam which I have managed to setup on my iPhone 6, I am using the app P2PLiveCam and I can see the camera via wifi on the phone until I get out of range. I need to find out how to set the app up to let me access it using mobile data whilst away from home but have not found out how to do it. Is there any other app that would allow me to access over the internet?
Any help much appreciated,
Warmbels

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have an iMiniCam which I have managed to setup on my iPhone 6, I am using the app P2PLiveCam and I can see the camera via wifi on the phone until I get out of range. I need to find out how to set the app up to let me access it using mobile data whilst away from home but have not found out how to do it. Is there any other app that would allow me to access over the internet?
Any help much appreciated,
Warmbels
Do yourself a huge favor and return it...start doing some proper research on quality cameras and got to secure them for remote viewing.

warmbells

n3wb
Reaction score
Do yourself a huge favor and return it...start doing some proper research on quality cameras and got to secure them for remote viewing.
Thanks for the reply,
Just wondered if I had given more information, such as we live in a secure block of flats with its own CCTV and the camera is only being use to monitor our pets whilst out that I might have received a more useful answer.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with your camera. But in general, by allowing one of these cameras to connect to the outside world directly, you are opening your entire network up to attack from the whole internet.

So it is wise to study things and then set up a secure system for gaining access remotely into your network.

The further you get into this, the more you realize that while a lot of manufacturers are offering very simple-to-use remotely accessible camera systems, there are usually serious security problems associated with them, and the ways they communicate with the internet.

There is a ton of great information on this site, and plenty of help to be had. Start out by reading the Cliff Notes and perusing the Wiki. As you end up with questions, feel free to ask, and you will likely get a tremendous amount of help and expertise.

Think about setting up a VPN to allow secure outside access into your network.

warmbells

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with your camera. But in general, by allowing one of these cameras to connect to the outside world directly, you are opening your entire network up to attack from the whole internet.

So it is wise to study things and then set up a secure system for gaining access remotely into your network.

The further you get into this, the more you realize that while a lot of manufacturers are offering very simple-to-use remotely accessible camera systems, there are usually serious security problems associated with them, and the ways they communicate with the internet.

There is a ton of great information on this site, and plenty of help to be had. Start out by reading the Cliff Notes and perusing the Wiki. As you end up with questions, feel free to ask, and you will likely get a tremendous amount of help and expertise.

Think about setting up a VPN to allow secure outside access into your network.
Thanks for the reply,
I'll have a good look around when I get back from hospital.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply,
Just wondered if I had given more information, such as we live in a secure block of flats with its own CCTV and the camera is only being use to monitor our pets whilst out that I might have received a more useful answer.
No, the answer would be exactly the same. But thanks for checking.