Help needed to set up BI app

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to BI, but I've managed to get it up and running with a single camera for now, and I've set up openvpn on my asus router. I downloaded the BI app on my android phone and trying to set it up, but it keeps telling me unable to connect, unable to reach server.

I have my PC running with dual NICs to isolate the camera. My camera ip is 192.168.1.2. My router/other LAN is 192.168.50.1

In the login screen I've tried several combinations of IPs in the logins with no luck. I read somewhere here that I should have the same WAN and LAN address for login if I'm going to use VPN. Is that correct?

I've also disabled the admin setting that locks users out after 5 incorrect logins. I'm sure I've overlooked something.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to BI, but I've managed to get it up and running with a single camera for now, and I've set up openvpn on my asus router. I downloaded the BI app on my android phone and trying to set it up, but it keeps telling me unable to connect, unable to reach server.

I have my PC running with dual NICs to isolate the camera. My camera ip is 192.168.1.2. My router/other LAN is 192.168.50.1

In the login screen I've tried several combinations of IPs in the logins with no luck. I read somewhere here that I should have the same WAN and LAN address for login if I'm going to use VPN. Is that correct?

I've also disabled the admin setting that locks users out after 5 incorrect logins. I'm sure I've overlooked something.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
enter the local ip:port in both boxes. Don't forget the port.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My router. Here are my Blue Iris web server settings. I also tried with 192.168.1.1:81 in both spots with no luck.
you need to enter the pc ip address its getting from he router, not the ip address associated with the second subnet the cameras are on. What options do you have under interfaces in the image you posted.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Step one is to get the application running on your phone when on wifi at home. Ignore the VPN.
1) What is the internal address of you router ?
2) What is the internal address of your BI PC, there should be two of them one for each nic ?
3) are you successfully recording video to the BI PC from your camera ?

Assuming that your BI PC has a local lan address of 192.168.50.1 (this does not look correct to me the xxx.xxx.xxx.1 is normally a router )
In BI on the configuration
The HTTP web server port is 81
the local internal lan access should be 192.168.50.1:81
the interface would be 192.168.50.1

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
you need to enter the pc ip address its getting from he router, not the ip address associated with the second subnet the cameras are on. What options do you have under interfaces in the image you posted.
The IP of the BI pc is 19
Got it working! Fenderman was right, I needed to put in the ip of the BI machine, which is 192.168.50.176. As soon as I did, it's up and running. I was thinking it needed the actual LAN address of 192.168.50.1. I thought I tried 176 also, but apparantly not. Thanks for the advice, very helpful.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Step one is to get the application running on your phone when on wifi at home. Ignore the VPN.
1) What is the internal address of you router ?
2) What is the internal address of your BI PC, there should be two of them one for each nic ?
3) are you successfully recording video to the BI PC from your camera ?

Assuming that your BI PC has a local lan address of 192.168.50.1 (this does not look correct to me the xxx.xxx.xxx.1 is normally a router )
In BI on the configuration
The HTTP web server port is 81
the local internal lan access should be 192.168.50.1:81
the interface would be 192.168.50.1
Thanks, yes you are right, my router was 50.1. I was confusing the LAN address with the address given out to the BI machine. Thanks for the help.