Help Needed

notagto

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, so I have been paying around with my 2 Hikvision 2335 cameras and trying to get them set up for remote access on a different subnet. That became too much of a headache so I went back into the cameras to change the IP and port numbers and now I can not get back into them no matter what I do.

SADP - recognizes cameras with correct IP address but seems to drop one every few minutes
Pings to the 2 cameras show destination host is unreachable
BI, Milestone, and IVMS do not recognize cameras being on the network

Anyone able to give me some much needed guidance?

Thanks for any input!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
SADP - recognizes cameras with correct IP address but seems to drop one every few minutes
SADP will find the cameras on the same LAN wiring even if they are configured to be on a different IP address range.
It can also reconfigure the network settings when the camera is on a different address range.

Presumably the IP address shown in SADP is now in a different range from that of your LAN.
If so - use SADP to change the IP address back to one in your normal LAN subnet and you'll be able to access the cameras normally again.

notagto

n3wb
Reaction score
SADP will find the cameras on the same LAN wiring even if they are configured to be on a different IP address range.
It can also reconfigure the network settings when the camera is on a different address range.

Presumably the IP address shown in SADP is now in a different range from that of your LAN.
If so - use SADP to change the IP address back to one in your normal LAN subnet and you'll be able to access the cameras normally again.
I was able to get the IP updated on the Cams before they became unreachable. It was at that point they became unreachable. In SADP they do show the correct IP on the correct subnet but I cant get back into them or add them to any of the PCVR software I had been testing.

notagto

n3wb
Reaction score
I also tried taking one of them apart to find a reset button but was unable to see anything on the internals that looked like a button.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I suspect it was changing the port numbers that did it. For some reason that bug has been around on all models of Hikvision cameras, English and Chinese for at least a year.

If they show on SADP even briefly maybe you can change http back to port 80 within SADP if you get the timing right.

notagto

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I had an epiphany at work yesterday lol The switch was still connected to the subnet router so once i changed the gateway on the cams it could no longer be accessed on either subnet. I connected the switch to the main router and instant access! Many hours down the drain for my own stupidity grrr