Help needed

Abdul123

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi people i brought a few unv uniview cctv camara. Basicly i cant reset them as there is no reset switch. I have taken a picture of the board if anyone can help that would be great.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do the cameras have the 'Forgot password' link on the web GUI logon page?
if so - Uniview Password Generation | Worldeyecam Support for Security Camera Systems

If not - you will need to resort to connecting up the serial console.
The serial console boots to a login prompt.
Logging in as root/123456 gives access to a restricted (but still useful) command shell provided by the /usr/bin/uvsh
program.
There is a resetconfig command at the serial console shell to set the camera back to defaults.

Abdul123

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi basicly i have brought this camara of ebay. I just needed who to load from my computer as i dont have the nvr for it.i dont have the login or password. I got told it would have a switch on the camara but it doesnt. How can i get the camara to default setting. I dont know much about these things so if you can give me some info in detail that would be great thanks

Abdul123

n3wb
Reaction score
This is the easiest couple of things to check out.
Have you done that?
I have downloaded the eztool.i cant do anything apart from checking the serial number which i have. I try to go to the gui site via the tool. And come up with this error. To be honest with you i know f all about these network camaras. So anyhelp would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
.i cant do anything apart from checking the serial number which i have.
So it sounds like it finds the camera.
That's good.

And did it give that 192.168.0.5 IP address you tried in the browser, in your screenshot, for the camera?
Is that IP address in the range that your LAN uses / that your PC is using?
If not - you need to temporarily change the PC IP address to, say, 192.168.0.100 and try the 192.168.0.5 address again.

Abdul123

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
So it sounds like it finds the camera.
That's good.

And did it give that 192.168.0.5 IP address you tried in the browser, in your screenshot, for the camera?
Is that IP address in the range that your LAN uses / that your PC is using?
If not - you need to temporarily change the PC IP address to, say, 192.168.0.100 and try the 192.168.0.5 address again.
Hi mate basicly my lan range was 192.168.1.1 so some how i managed to use change my range on the camara to 192.168.1.2 and it logged on a bit of luck swing my way the password was set already at default. On the web broswer it says it doest support h 254. I have down loaded firefox. Opera. Etc even with google chrome it doesnt let me view the camara. Comes up with same messege How do i get about that. Thanks for you help man means alot. God bless

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You must use the IE11 browser (not Edge which looks similar) and download the plugin from the camera and install it on order to see the video.
This will not work with Firefox or Chrome.