Help on Motion Trigger when camera Moves

Whitewater

n3wb
Reaction score
First time user. Love BI so far!

Question: When my schedule moves my camera to a new profile/location at night and then back again in the morning, it triggers movement and sends messages. (I do understand why that happens) But is there a way to stop that during those profile changes?

Thanks for any info!

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there any way to pause the camera during the move? I don't have a PTZ, So I'm just throwing this out from left field.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
First time user. Love BI so far!

Question: When my schedule moves my camera to a new profile/location at night and then back again in the morning, it triggers movement and sends messages. (I do understand why that happens) But is there a way to stop that during those profile changes?

Thanks for any info!
Welcome to the forum! From the help file
"The Max travel time/motion delay setting is used to momentarily pause motion detection on the camera while it is being moved in order to prevent triggers. Set this value as low as possible, but greater than the time necessary for the camera to finish movement."

Another option that can be used in general to avoid false alerts is to create a cloned camera in blue iris and only use it for alerts..set the threshold for the alert camera higher than the recording camera, this way you never miss a recording and only get true alerts...you can hide the alert camera so you dont have duplicates on the screen.

Whitewater

n3wb
Reaction score
Excellent. That worked fine. It's tough digging through all the "new" info that's available! But this works just as it should.
Thanks.

Caspy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Another option that can be used in general to avoid false alerts is to create a cloned camera in blue iris and only use it for alerts..set the threshold for the alert camera higher than the recording camera, this way you never miss a recording and only get true alerts...you can hide the alert camera so you dont have duplicates on the screen.
How do you create a clone camera ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How do you create a clone camera ?
You simply add a new camera to blue iris but use the credentials as the camera you want to clone...now you see two of the same camera..set the cloned camera not to record, but only setup alerts...you can hide the second camera so it doesnt appear on the screen...
camera properties>general
Then right click on the black portion of the screen and make sure show hidden cameras is unchecked...