Help picking versatile IP cam

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
you can assign the camera an IP address inside the Vlan. and I believe you can set the Amcrest APP to connect to the camera via a DDNS name, or an IP address ( static) and, /or P2P with a QR code.
and with the IP (static) setup you can keep it all on the local network.
My experience is with Amcrest DVR/NVR's that connect to Blue iris, or standalone.
But the Amcrest 841 ptz will be available to initialize at 192.168.1.108, on a browser. from there set a password and change the Ip address.
There are version 2 and version 3 of this camera I think.....maybe newer versions of this cam support newer browsers.
but you will need to interact with the camera from Interet Explorer, or EDge, or Chrome with the IE tab.

kkuntz

n3wb
Reaction score
Good evening,
Just because I hate when I read a post and the final answer is never provided, I wanted to give an update.
I purchased the Amcrest camera suggested above and set it up with an old router at home. This router isn't connected to anything but the camera and my old android phone that serves as the viewing device. The Amcrest app is buggy (as noted on the Play store reviews), and I had to set up the camera by logging into the IP address. Not a big deal, but it set me a back a day wondering if it was my old phone that was the problem.
The camera is perfect when used in conjunction with our audio only monitor. We only use the camera to check occasionally, and the main notification will remain through the low tech and ultra reliable/portable/durable audio monitor. This $40 camera and app (although buggy) is just right for our application. Thank you for the suggestion!!

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm Amcrest View Pro buggy?
Or a differnet one?
I can only speak from my use case with iPhone 10/Xr and View Pro: while not super intuitive and polished, it does well enough compared to the other Cam apps I've had to futz with.
But I'm using it to Monitor a Boiler. :)
The Blue iris App works good for local network monitoring as well. but alas you'd have to a BI machine to have images running to it( I think)

kkuntz

n3wb
Reaction score
Good evening,
Yes, the Amcrest App. It seems the android version of many apps lacks in comparison to the Apple counterpart.
It is manageable, and still doing the job. Can't beat it for the price.
Thanks again for the suggestion!