help please

grs

n3wb
Reaction score
I hope I am in the right place that may be able to help.
I have been given a 4 channel XVR unit with 4 analogue cameras he XVR uniy is the S9344L from Altronics. The XVR unit has inputs for 4 HD analoge cameras. I have configured the box for my own network and it seems to be running.
The first issue is:
Can any one advise on what the "Alarm IN 1, 2, 3, 4 , NC and Com" connections are on the back. There is NO advice in the manual. Being "Alarm IN" I would have assumed that this refers to some external device being able to trigger some this in the XVR. If this is the case what does it trigger and how is it used?

Ideally I would like to use and external switch (like, say a relay closure, to trigger the XVR to start recording on that channel. Can it be used in this way?

There seems to be no support from Altronics as I have nt had an answer to some questions I had earlier. I did get an acknowledgment that they received the enquiry.

The software that comes with the unit is HEROSPEED. I have found their web site and got the latest firmware and other files. The firmware has been updated with no problems but I am having some issues with the the software installed on my Windows 10 laptop. There is no link on the web site, that I can find, for support. HEROSPEED Technology.

I can connect to the network and bring up the web page from the XVR box using 192.xxx.xxx.xxx:80 in the URL. Using Window's 10 equivalent of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge. I can sign in change settings and do a few other things. What I do not see is any video. (video for two channels is running in the XVR box (only 2 channels as I not not connected the others up yet).
Wat I do see when I connect after the user and password is a messages to say to down load from tbe XVR a plug in. HsVRWebPlugin.exe. I've down loaded it and installed it. Re booted the windows 10 machine but still get no video and continue to get the message to down load the plug in. Clearly the plugin has not plugged in as I understand only the plug in is installed the message will go away on subsequent openings of the the software.

Any ideas on how to make sure the plugin is installed in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge.
Any ideas on how I can get the plug in installed fully and working. The plug has a series of .dll files in them message with an entry being put in the "start Menu" Re booted Laptop with no effect, still get message to down load the plug in.

Is the plug in stopping the video from being seen on my laptop?
If not how do I get the video?

Any Ideas would be welcome

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Using Window's 10 equivalent of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge.
Wat I do see when I connect after the user and password is a messages to say to down load from tbe XVR a plug in. HsVRWebPlugin.exe. I've down loaded it and installed it. Re booted the windows 10 machine but still get no video and continue to get the message to down load the plug in. Clearly the plugin has not plugged in as I understand only the plug in is installed the message will go away on subsequent openings of the the software.
MS Edge does not support plugins - you will need to use Internet Explorer to use the plugin to see the video - IE is still available in Win10.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I hope I am in the right place that may be able to help.
I have been given a 4 channel XVR unit with 4 analogue cameras he XVR uniy is the S9344L from Altronics. The XVR unit has inputs for 4 HD analoge cameras. I have configured the box for my own network and it seems to be running.
The first issue is:
Can any one advise on what the "Alarm IN 1, 2, 3, 4 , NC and Com" connections are on the back. There is NO advice in the manual. Being "Alarm IN" I would have assumed that this refers to some external device being able to trigger some this in the XVR. If this is the case what does it trigger and how is it used?

I can connect to the network and bring up the web page from the XVR box using 192.xxx.xxx.xxx:80 in the URL. Using Window's 10 equivalent of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge. I can sign in change settings and do a few other things. What I do not see is any video. (video for two channels is running in the XVR box (only 2 channels as I not not connected the others up yet).

Thanks
This is a guess, as I have no knowledge of that NVR.
The alarm inputs should allow you do as you assumed. You would connect one lead of a wire to the com connection, then the other lead of the wire as an exmaple to the #1 terminal. If you put the two wires together at the other end of the wire briefly, like a switch would do, that should trigger a recording on channel 1 of the NVR. You may have to set this up in the NVR.

IE is available in Win 10, look in the start menu. Edge does not work with plugins.
If IE doesn't work, then install the browser Pale Moon and try it.
Yes, the plugin not loading is the cause of no visible video.

grs

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Found Explorer for Widows 10 and activated it. Will try it with the recorder in the next few days.
I did try the alarm input as suggested but could not get the recording to start. There is nothing specific in the firmware, that I can see anyway, that is like a function to start recording on the closure of alarm input 1 and the common. Perhaps i missed something. Like you I agree that is should allow the recording to start on an alarm input as that it what the information that come with the unit says and implies but I can not see how to implement it in he firmware.

Any ideas.

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
There is nothing specific in the firmware, that I can see anyway, that is like a function to start recording on the closure of alarm input 1 and the common.
In the NVR web GUI, it's under Basic Event | Alarm Input | Enable Alarm Input handling | Then under Linkage Method pick whatever actions you want to take, including triggering any / all cameras to record.

*edit*
Ooops - sorry _ thought for some reason we were discussing a Hikvision NVR here.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the NVR web GUI, it's under Basic Event | Alarm Input | Enable Alarm Input handling | Then under Linkage Method pick whatever actions you want to take, including triggering any / all cameras to record.

*edit*
Ooops - sorry _ thought for some reason we were discussing a Hikvision NVR here.
Should be a similar method I'd think.