Help reset Dahua NVR SEN-F4120S4P

braicc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone I need help in resetting my NVR. I bought from someone it look like new with all accessories in box.the model is SEN-F4120S4P Wich in Dahua site doesn't exist.It seems that is DHI-NVR4204-P when it started time was always reset to 0 and found that the battery was faulty.i have tray all the password variant non of the work. I understand that is a hidden jumper on main board for hard reset but I don't know we're is it. Thank in advance.
dhi-nvr4204-p.jpg
Dahua-MB2.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Try the 'lost password' button in the login screen of the VGA/HDMI interface to see if it take you through a reset using email.
If you did not set the linked email address, the system prompts you to enter an email
address. Enter the email address and then click Next. Then the system will notify you of
data collection required for resetting password.

Rexpontius

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

I was able to resolve this issue.
The way to fix this is: Get RS232 cable -> usb and connect to laptop.
Use Putty or similar terminal client on windows, baud 115200. Check the correct COM port number.

When starting the DVR, hit *** before it boots to the kernel. You will see text appear as soon as the unit starts.
If not check if you need to swap RX/TX pins on your cable.

Then you are in the bootloader software.
Then type "eracfg", this command deletes the configuration.

When finished, reboot the DVR and it should be factory fresh, and allow setting of new password and setting,
NOTE: all settings will be deleted.