Help resetting internet

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a Dahua 5216 (that I haven’t been on in probably a year or so). It has been monitoring but I just haven’t messed with it. Anyway I changed internet providers and don’t know how to reset it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a Dahua 5216 (that I haven’t been on in probably a year or so). It has been monitoring but I just haven’t messed with it. Anyway I changed internet providers and don’t know how to reset it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hook up a monitor and mouse to the NVR and check your settings .. the LAN should still be the same if you kept the router .. ( that is you own the router and not a router you are leasing / renting from your ISP )

Reaction score
Hook up a monitor and mouse to the NVR and check your settings .. the LAN should still be the same if you kept the router .. ( that is you own the router and not a router you are leasing / renting from your ISP )
I have a different router

Reaction score
I
Was the NVR's LAN previously assigned a unique static IP by yourself or someone?
Was the NVR's LAN previously assigned a unique static IP by yourself or someone?
I had help setting it up but I don’t remember how it was done.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And I do have a monitor and mouse hooked up.
Try this:
1) Log into the NVR with the mouse and keyboard, navigate to settings => network = TCP/IP and tell us what the NVR's LAN IP is.
2) On a PC that is on your LAN open up a command prompt (press Windows key + R key at the same time, then "CMD" <enter> then "IPCONFIG" <enter>) and tell us what the "IPv4" address is for the first Ethernet adapter listed.

Reaction score
Try this:
1) Log into the NVR with the mouse and keyboard, navigate to settings => network = TCP/IP and tell us what the NVR's LAN IP is.
2) On a PC that is on your LAN open up a command prompt (press Windows key + R key at the same time, then "CMD" <enter> then "IPCONFIG" <enter>) and tell us what the "IPv4" address is for the first Ethernet adapter listed.
I feel like such a dummy…..I had a different cat 5 cable plugged in that I swore was to the NVR but it wasn’t…..plugged in correct cable, rebooted and am now connected to internet…..so sorry but thanks for help…..while I got you here though….can you remind how to log into camera/NVR on my laptop?

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I feel like such a dummy…..I had a different cat 5 cable plugged in that I swore was to the NVR but it wasn’t…..plugged in correct cable, rebooted and am now connected to internet…..so sorry but thanks for help…..while I got you here though….can you remind how to log into camera/NVR on my laptop?
Been there, done that, got a t-shirt.

Log into the NVR using the attached keyboard, mouse, monitor. Note the IP address of the NVR. Type the IP address into a web browser of a 'puter on the same network as the NVR. Review Page 25 over here