Help restoring Hikvision 2CD2XX2 8 camera setup

paulyboy83

n3wb
Reaction score
This is about as NEWBIE post as it gets. I'm struggling here guys. My eyes are burning red and I'm trying to learn how to fix my camera networking issues and just keep failing.
I told myself I won't give up but I've found myself calling in local camera support. No one is getting back to me or heard of my issues before, although they seem to be talked about alot here on this forum.

I've spent 7 hours or so today trying to understand code and fix my chinese Hikvision cameras.
All of them are visible intermittently on Hikvisions SADP, the 2 of 8 american ones visible the most often.

Weird right??? I can web login only to the american ones. I just imagine the chinese ones are in boot cycles/bricked or frozen and that is why they pop up intermitently in SADP. I can't find anyone that had this problem in all the reading I've done. I've heard of bricked. Not logging in, etc, but never itermitently showing up in SADP.

None of these cameras have manual reset buttons and I want to throw my fist through the wall at this point.
**EDIT**

Got it all to work using a 3.1.6 hacked firmware that someone posted. I was able to download Hikvisions TFTP file by also grabbing the 3.3 to 3.2.5 downgrade .rar that is floating around the forum on someones dropbox.

I can't believe how crappy hikvision does at letting you search support files and organizing them for download

Good day all! PM me if you want some help. Definitely need to pay it forward now.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Are you saying that your us region cameras also disappear from SADP? If so have you tested with a short premade cable? What does your network look like?

paulyboy83

n3wb
Reaction score
Believe it or not I got it all to work. Wasn't a cable issue. Something about these Chinese cameras that just suck!! I got a handy peel of 3.1.6. I tried all firmwares and this is the only way that stays live. I thought I was going to have to get an extension ladder out and all that mess and I wrigged up a spare router to be used like a switch and was able to TFTP all the cameras wirelessly. All cameras are visible and all are now updated to 3.1.6 English firmware that someone posted here on this forum.

It is bittersweet. I'm glad I got it working and I feel I learned allot in the process. I'm extremely bitter with Hikvision that just an old firmware would cause enough issues to crash and cycle boot 6 of the 8 cameras that were working all when I installed them. Their website is crap, horribly organized. Support is terrible, cameras are so-so for the price.

All in all I have to thank all the posters that just help imensely with file sharing and knowledge. That + a little bit of computer and networking ingenuity worked for me this time.

Have fun out there. The other bitter thing, is I had to fire all these backup with the quickness because of a theft. ARGH!! I wish google would just make one of these cameras that would taser all non recognized intruders that don't know a verbal passcode.

Maybe in 10 years :-D

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad it's sorted. That is the risk you take with China region cameras. For most users it's well worth the few extra dollars to buy US region and US seller.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What I would recommend is reading up on the mtd hack, I also made a video. This is for your Chinese camera's.
As your camera are older models you can easily convert them to be fully compatible with EN firmware so all your camera's will be able to be on the latest firmware.