Help, Saance poe camera internal wiring

Rafksr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, due go water ingress corroding the camera wiring connector to the RJ45 cable connection I cut the camera side connection to expose the color wiring. Please can anyone tell me what color goes to what pin of a T-568B rj45 connector.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, due go water ingress corroding the camera wiring connector to the RJ45 cable connection I cut the camera side connection to expose the color wiring. Please can anyone tell me what color goes to what pin of a T-568B rj45 connector.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Do you still have the RJ-45 female that you cut off?
If so, can you use a continuity tester/VOM to determine which color goes to which pin?

Camera_RJ45_FEMALE_pinout.jpg

Last edited:

Rafksr

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you eggsan, Colors on the camera wiring side are 8: grey, black, purple, white/green, green, yellow, white/blue, blue.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you eggsan, Colors on the camera wiring side are 8: grey, black, purple, white/green, green, yellow, white/blue, blue.
OK, the cam is useless as is so let's gamble a bit ( I love gambling with other people's stuff!).....

DATA
Let's assume that blue/blue-wht is a data pair and that grn/grn-white is a data pair....we'll sort what's TX and what's RX later.

POWER
The cam you stated is POE so try some continuity checks as follows, possibly a pair shorted purposely for POE positive (+) on pins 4/5 and POE negative (-) on pins 7/8.......Yes or No:
  • Yel to Vio
  • Yel to Gry
  • Yel to Blk
  • Vio to Gry
  • Vio to Blk
  • Gry to Blk
Lastly, can you post an image of the label on the side of the cam? There are some Sannce cams that are "xPOE" of 12VDC and zModo cams using "sPOE" of 19VDC and do not conform to 802.3af/at POE specs.

Last edited:

Rafksr

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, the camera connection also had a small green led light so one of the wires possibly provides power to this light. I will take a shot of the sticker tomorrow. Thanks for your advice so far.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is the sticker attached to the underside of the camera and a shot of the camera with wiring
Cam says 12VDC, can't find enough info to say that it's not also 802.3af/at POE so the safe bet would be to assume its not until confirmed.

Is it used with a Sannce POE NVR or a POE switch or POE injector...or a 12VDC wall wart to the remaining 12VDC connector?

Rafksr

n3wb
Reaction score
Cam says 12VDC, can't find enough info to say that it's not also 802.3af/at POE so the safe bet would be to assume its not until confirmed.

Is it used with a Sannce POE NVR or a POE switch or POE injector...or a 12VDC wall wart to the remaining 12VDC connector?
Hi, its directly connected via the RJ45 cable into the sannce poe nvr.

SSLacroix

n3wb
Reaction score
If this ever helps anyone. Wiring up an old Sannce PoS fake POE camera. Pay attention to the wire colors, if they are not the same as mine, you may have issues. I have no idea what model it is, but seems to be of the same generation 2015-2017. Please note the grey is not used for ethernet, but an led on a connector along with one of the black wires (likely the thin black, pin 7). In any case, I had to cut it off a working one to figure out their stupid wiring arrangement. This is what worked for me.

ethernet to Sannce junk
pin1 - stripe orange
pin2 - orange
pin3 - stripe green
pin4 - red
pin5 - thick red
pin6 - green
pin7 - black
pin8 - thick black