Hi, I have a sannce poe camera that I need to replace the poe connector for.

Reaction score
I can't figure out the wiring for the rj45 connector. Can you help?
I have 6 wires, orange, yellow, green, purple, white and brown. Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is the existing connector damaged in a manner that a multimeter/ohmmeter wouldn't work to determine the pinout?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks @MarkWoodward123

Indeed Sannce / Annke has sold some questionable products in the past. ( note, I'm documenting this so that others can more easily find it on a search )

Your particular model: sannce i61dx mini-bullet security camera

Pulls up, as an example:
SANNCE 8CH 1080P HD POE CCTV Security System NVR & 4 X Bullet Cameras - I61DX
SANNCE: SANNCE 8CH 1080P HD POE CCTV Security System NVR & 4 x Bullet Cameras - I61DX/NVR Security System

The good news, is that the spec sheets show that it does look like it meets a PoE spec:
Operating Power DC12V;PoE (802.3af)

Do you still have the RJ45 plug end? Perhaps a good close up of that showing the color of the wires going into the plug would be helpful, we can then use @TonyR post to determine which color maps to which pin.

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A little more whittling, or maybe even now, probably can determine. A $15 multimeter and you could confirm the pinout for sure. Everyone should have a multimeter on-hand anyway. :)

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Orient what is left of the receptacle so the terminal positions agree with the previous illustration showing position 1 - 8 then determine what color(s) go to which pin.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@MarkWoodward123 Looks like you're making some good progress

Remember to test the camera if it is still working, as it appears something may have shorted out.

I would jig up a RJ45 keystone and some wires from a length of Cat5e/6 to setup a test rig.

Definitely share your results here.

Reaction score
Ok, bit more.. @mat200 unfortunately no idea how to set up a test rig etc and no multimeter.. so am going to have to try and hook the new rj45 connector to another cameras network cable and see if it works. I saw in a hikvision article something about common cables (looked like the same cable looped through two connectors) so I presume maybe something like that needed here. Any guesses now which wires go to which numbers on my rj45?

Attachments

Reaction score
I think it looks like 7&8 and 4&5 may be common looking at the solder? So brown 7&8, green 6, purple 4&5, yellow 3, orange 2 and white 1?