Help setting up DS-7608NI-E2/8P with DS-2CD3345-I

matt0

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

As you can tell I'm new to the forum and looking for a bit of help. I've been playing around for a few hours now and been searching on here/Googling for answers with not much success.

I've got:
- DS-7608NI-E2/8P running v3.4.0 build 151103
- 2 x DS-2CD3345-I running v5.3.8 build 160108

Home network is all ethernet connected:
- Billion 7800N modem/router - port forwarding has all been setup
- TP-Link 16port Switch (not PoE)
- All cables are Cat6 if that matters

Connected the NVR to the Billion and got it running no problem. Using SADP, changed the IP and have no trouble accessing the NVR using the web interface.

Connect 1 camera to the NVR. The ethernet port lights flash away and the IR light comes on. Using SADP it doesn't find the connected camera. I login to the NVR web interface and through to 'Camera Management' it seems to recognise the camera is connected there but under 'Status' is says "Offline(Network Abnormal)"
I've tried the 'Modify' button to change from Plug n Play to Manual, to update the IP address but that didn't fix anything.
Also tried using different ports on the NVR but getting the same 'Status' message.

From here I've unplugged the camera from the NVR and using a separate single PoE injector, connect it to my 16 port switch. This time SADP can see the camera and the NVR. I'm able to login to the camera's web interface and can see the camera's image. So I know it all works just not when it's connected to the NVR. Also using SADP I was able to update the camera's IP address, but after plugging it back into the NVR still getting the same 'Status' error.

Not really sure where to go from here. Don't want to have to go out and get a seperate PoE injector, I got the NVR with PoE so I wouldn't have to do that.

I hope I've explained my situation well enough and hope I've not completely botched this up. Hoping that it's not a compatibility issue with the NVR and cameras and have no idea if it's a firmware compatibility problem either (can't seem to find that info anywhere?)

I'll continue tinkering around but if anyone has thoughts/solutions any advice/help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Matt

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What's your network adress for your nvr? And what iP did you put on the camera? The nvr will have two different iP addresses to specify. One for the lan and one for its internal switch for your poe ports

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Also using SADP I was able to update the camera's IP address, but after plugging it back into the NVR still getting the same 'Status' error.
With the NVR web GUI, check the IP address that is set on the PoE port channel you want to have the camera on, leave the channel as manual mode with the correct ID/password and set the camera IP to the same IP address.
Also set the camera default gateway to 192.168.254.1 - assuming this is still at the normal Hikvision default value, it's the PoE interface address.
Then plug it back into the NVR PoE port and it should work.
You're just manually setting the camera IP address and gateway to match what is set on the PoE channel, because the Plug&Play mode isn't working with those cameras.

matt0

n3wb
Reaction score
Aahh! That's my mistake. Thanks to you both. I was setting the NVR default gateway to my router default gateway. Got most of the camera's working now, still having a play around/testing before I actually physically install them.

Cheers,
Matt

Reaction score
With the NVR web GUI, check the IP address that is set on the PoE port channel you want to have the camera on, leave the channel as manual mode with the correct ID/password and set the camera IP to the same IP address.
Also set the camera default gateway to 192.168.254.1 - assuming this is still at the normal Hikvision default value, it's the PoE interface address.
You're just manually setting the camera IP address and gateway to match what is set on the PoE channel, because the Plug&Play mode isn't working with those cameras.

Reaction score

Reaction score
Hi, would you mind give further details on how to check the IP address that is set on POE port channel through NVR web GUI. Access to web GUIDE is OK but I don't find the POE port channel on configuration . Regards

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, would you mind give further details on how to check the IP address that is set on POE port channel through NVR web GUI.
On this 7816 NVR with firmware 3.4.91 in the web interface - Configuration | Camera Management then check the 'IP address' column against the 'Channel No.' column.

Reaction score
Now everything is OK, have upgraded the NVR to the latest firmware v3.4.91. The only issue I have is I can't get the sub-stream working. Each time I try to change the stream, the NVR give the following error : "Switching the stream failed".

If I go to web GUI of camera, DS-2CD3345-I, I can select the sub-stream. Any idea about that trouble. Also sale issue with IVMS 4200 & 4500. the option is in GREY.

Thanks for your help

Envoyé de mon SM-N910C en utilisant Tapatalk