Help! Two cameras no longer receiving signals

Meanie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 6 Foscam FI8910W cams using Blue Iris, of course, for a few years now with very little problem. All of a sudden (since this morning) 2 cameras are blank with a message "No Signal". A smaller message below indicates: ERROR: 8000274c (timeout; check IP address and port) 0. The other camera has the same message but instead of the "c" it's 8000274d. I checked the addresses and ports unable to discover any differences. Accessing my router doesn't display anything unusual to me. I've rebooted the cameras to no avail. My next step would be to delete and try to reinstall but I thought I'd ask here first. I've been trying all morning to figure out the problem. Can anyone help?

Thank you

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Meanie The first thing to determine is whether you can access the cameras directly via browser..if you cant, then its not a blue iris problem. Its possible that the cameras ip address changed if you didnt properly reserve them or set them to static.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meanie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Meanie The first thing to determine is whether you can access the cameras directly via browser..if you cant, then its not a blue iris problem. Its possible that the cameras ip address changed if you didnt properly reserve them or set them to static.
I assume you mean input the IP address into the URL bar? I did so with and without the port and it states webpage not available. But I also tried again with a working camera and received the same message. Therefore, I'm not sure I'm doing it right. Amazing how I set these things up a few years ago but can't remember a thing.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I assume you mean input the IP address into the URL bar? I did so with and without the port and it states webpage not available. But I also tried again with a working camera and received the same message. Therefore, I'm not sure I'm doing it right. Amazing how I set these things up a few years ago but can't remember a thing.
well you need to know the http port the camera is running on..look at your blue iris settings, what did you previously have for the http port? You can run foscams scan tool as well or try an app like fing on your phone...the "scan services"...

Meanie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
well you need to know the http port the camera is running on..look at your blue iris settings, what did you previously have for the http port? You can run foscams scan tool as well or try an app like fing on your phone...the "scan services"...
Yes, as I indicated, I added the port in the url with no connection for both a working and non-working camera.

I'm unfamiliar with the Foscam Scan Tool. Is it downloadable?

I use the Foscam Pro app for my iPad and iPhone and I just discovered I can view the cameras on it. THe wife uses the Blue iris app and cannot view the 2. Therefore, it makes me wonder if it's a Blue Iris issue

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, as I indicated, I added the port in the url with no connection for both a working and non-working camera.

I'm unfamiliar with the Foscam Scan Tool. Is it downloadable?

I use the Foscam Pro app for my iPad and iPhone and I just discovered I can view the cameras on it. THe wife uses the Blue iris app and cannot view the 2. Therefore, it makes me wonder if it's a Blue Iris issue
The app may be scanning for new IP addresses...download the search tool here...http://foscam.us/tools-support.html
Simply reinstalling blue iris wont help you if the ip changed...so first things first you need to be able to login via browser on the pc..

Meanie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Downloaded the search tool. Opened it and it's a blank screen with the titled headers at the top.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This one picked up 17 devices and only one of them is a camera, which is one of the two without a signal on BI. Overall, according to my router, there are 26 devices total.
The software will pickup every device on your network. Your router is likely reporting devices that are no longer connected. Have you tried fing? with fing you can see what ports are being broadcast for each ip address. If you wish i can do a teamviewer session and get this sorted for you. You must be able to identify each cameras ip address and log into the camera via browser before any other troubleshooting can be done.

Meanie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The software will pickup every device on your network. Your router is likely reporting devices that are no longer connected. Have you tried fing? with fing you can see what ports are being broadcast for each ip address. If you wish i can do a teamviewer session and get this sorted for you. You must be able to identify each cameras ip address and log into the camera via browser before any other troubleshooting can be done.
I went over all the devices showing up on the router and they are all accounted for.

I haven't tried Fing. Is that an app for the phone/tablet or for the PC or both?

I have each IP address and port for each camera. Though, I have a separate PC (desktop) for the cameras only which is where the BI software is running. Everything else is done on my laptop as well as all my troubleshooting. Would a teamview session be required on the desktop with BI or laptop? I have teamview installed on my laptop but not the desktop. I would need to install it there if required.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I went over all the devices showing up on the router and they are all accounted for.

I haven't tried Fing. Is that an app for the phone/tablet or for the PC or both?

I have each IP address and port for each camera. Though, I have a separate PC (desktop) for the cameras only which is where the BI software is running. Everything else is done on my laptop as well as all my troubleshooting. Would a teamview session be required on the desktop with BI or laptop? I have teamview installed on my laptop but not the desktop. I would need to install it there if required.
it would need to be on the blue iris pc...install it and private message the credentials...I will be leaving soon so, if you get it to me before I leave I can get this going for you.

Meanie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
it would need to be on the blue iris pc...install it and private message the credentials...I will be leaving soon so, if you get it to me before I leave I can get this going for you.
My apologies for the delay, we had our dinner. TV is installed. If it's too late today, perhaps tomorrow or at your earliest convenience. Let me know and I'll send the TV credentials.

Thank you

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Solution in case someone searches at a later point: The cameras IP addresses were set static but within the dhcp range..the router handed them out to other devices...Set dhcp reservation for the cams and all is well.