Help using FTP to upload pix to Weather Underground

DouginHull

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried FileZilla and received and FTP error 530 re authorization. It appears there is some problem with my password. The best part is when I attempted to change my WU password, WU never sent the reset email. Tried several times. The best part is that they don't respond to emails. So for now it's time to put this experiment aside. Thanks for the help.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tried FileZilla and received and FTP error 530 re authorization. It appears there is some problem with my password. The best part is when I attempted to change my WU password, WU never sent the reset email. Tried several times. The best part is that they don't respond to emails. So for now it's time to put this experiment aside. Thanks for the help.
WU has been slowly going down the tubes for a couple of years now.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, I had the same problem. Today, in an effort to help, I reset my old WU password from circa 2007 and created a PWS (weather station) to upload data from my Davis Vantage Vue. It may take some time for it to show up, they said.

While waiting I decided to upload my flag cam, using the supplied FTP server name, user, pass, etc. ...you know the drill...no joy, got 530 like you. Checked and re-checked...no better. So I break out Filezilla and tried to upload an image. Same results...got a 530. Suffice it to say I have FTP'd literally hundreds of times to about a dozen different websites, including 3 of my own all on 3 different hosting companies with NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER, AND AT NO TIME.

As @looney2ns said ( in so many words) ..."Dey got sum issues, man."

DouginHull

n3wb
Reaction score
Tony, welcome to the club. Maybe WU will get it's act together; but until then I'm just standing by. My weather stations are just fine - something to be happy about. If you Facebook WU, there is a fair amount of complaining about recent events at WU.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tony, welcome to the club. Maybe WU will get it's act together; but until then I'm just standing by.
Let's hope they do...I sure am not holding my breath!

My weather stations are just fine - something to be happy about.
Same here, my Davis uploads data OK to my web page and my FlagCam FTP's to it OK also so I can view all of it any time, from any where so I'm good, too.

WU is (as we said in the Navy) FUBAR. :facepalm:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The person who's job is to kick the server is probably on vacation.

They wanted to kill off the webcams a while ago but recanted after people got pissed. I do expect them to teat the webcams as abandonware, they may use the 2020 flash end of life as an excuse to kill off the webcams once and for all. I'm still a bit annoyed they dropped their free api, after all they're making money from the pws data people are sharing.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They ticked off a boat load of us that have been supplying them data for YEARS with their recent shenanigans. A lot of those folks stopped supplying their data to them, I've considered doing the same.

I have a domain name setup to forward to my data page on WU that gets between 1,000 to 2,500 views per month, depending on what the weather is doing. All the while IBM is selling our data.

trixie

n3wb
Reaction score
Well as of midnight, June 8 here is why nothing will work with your webcam.Screenshot (3).png