Help viewing NVR on Android without internet.

DarrenW

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have looked and tried solutions to the best of my technical ability for the last two days to solve this, but no luck so far.

Here's what I have:

An OOSSXX 4 cam POE system outputting to an HDMI screen. That all works fine on its own and quality is good.

What I am trying to accomplish is to be able to remotely view the system on my phone. Here is what I have tried to no avail.

1. I don't have internet at the location
2. IP of the NVR is 192.168.1.100
3. Port is 80
4. I have it going into a TP-Link wireless router (default configuration)
5. I have iVMS-4500 on the android which shows port 8000
6. I am connected to the router via the android
7. I have manually entered the device using 192.168.1.100 as the IP and have tried having both systems on port 80 and 8000 (when they are different I get 'failed to connect', when the same, get 'failed to receive data')

So it appears that I have connection but no data transference.

From another thread it has been said that port 8000 is only for connection and port 554 is required for data transference. So my questions are, HOW do I open these ports on the router? I added them under 'Forwarding' using the IP of the router 192.168.1.1 to no avail. Am I supposed to use the NVR IP?

I also have a DNS Error on the NVR, but assuming that is because I have no internet connection.

Thanks much for the help :)

DarrenW

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

No, it was not. Was a recommendation in a review of the system. But can't be sure that it was the exact same system.

Is there another android app I should be trying?

Thanks for the help.
Darren