Help Wiring an Ezviz DB1

LeeJS

n3wb
Reaction score
(for some reason my posts keep disappearing. This is the 3rd time posting this)

OK, so I've bought an Ezviz DB1. I now need some advice on how to set it up for my situation.

My policy on all Home Automation kit is that it must be capable of working offline in case the router or internet go down. No point having fancy lights if they don't work when the router crashes.

Because of this, I'd like to wire up the DB1 with a mechanical chime. I don't have existing doorbell wiring I can use as the old one was battery operated and got ripped out when we replaced the door a few weeks back.
I also don't have an easy route from the fuse box to install a transformer there.

My plan is to drill through the wall and install a plug in PSU, which will connect to a chime. Has anyone else done a similar thing and what kit did you buy to achieve it?

Can I buy one of these:

and one of these

then just hook them together according to this?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The posts had been flagged by the automated system that keeps the forum clean of the incessant attempts to flood it with spam and other unwanted junk, and were awaiting admin review and disposition.
This is now done, apologies for the delay, I was out this morning.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
We just had a gent down under with the same situation. Check out this thread, and the one under door bell cameras.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score

OK, so I've bought an Ezviz DB1. I now need some advice on how to set it up for my situation.

My policy on all Home Automation kit is that it must be capable of working offline in case the router or internet go down. No point having fancy lights if they don't work when the router crashes.

Because of this, I'd like to wire up the DB1 with a mechanical chime. I don't have existing doorbell wiring I can use as the old one was battery operated and got ripped out when we replaced the door a few weeks back.
I also don't have an easy route from the fuse box to install a transformer there.

My plan is to drill through the wall and install a plug in PSU, which will connect to a chime. Has anyone else done a similar thing and what kit did you buy to achieve it?

and one of these

then just hook them together according to this?
This chime will work with a simple transformer, like this.

Your wiring diagram should work.

LeeJS

n3wb
Reaction score
This chime will work with a simple transformer, like this.

Your wiring diagram should work.
Thanks, that's really helpful.
OK, so if I get that PSU will the chime I linked to work with it? The PSU is 18v and the chime seems to want 8v or batteries. Do I need a second PSU or can I run it from batteries?
Are the orange marks on the install diagram resistors? There seem to be a lot of them required and no indication as to what type, where they come from or how they should be fitted. :confused:

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, the chime will work from 7 to 12 volts DC or about 10 to 20 volts AC.

The orange marks are wire nuts making the connections on the wires.