Help with admin password reset - IPC-B140H

chaosss

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I recently bought via Ebay (yeah yeah I know) a second hand IPC-B140H camera which has previously been used on an NVR. Assumed I could update the password via SADP and sending the file to HikVision Support and they responded with a new config file.

I tried the above but that didn't work. Getting a "device denied" response. Also tried the online password reset tools and get the same response.

Current configuration:
Software Build - V5.5.3 171221
DSP: V7.3 build 171212

Some oddities:
  • When first connected to SADP I get an IP address 192.168.254.X - which I can't ping.
  • If I then select enable DHCP and enter any password it says Password Incorrect but done change the IP address to one I can now ping and also access the web logon page.

I've tried to reload the above firmware (appears to be the latest version and downloaded form HikVision) via TFTP but it just keeps looping on sending the file which it says is completed but then continues to do send again etc.

I then tried using a modified TFTP from GitHub through Ubuntu - this appears to do the same thing as it shows sending the blocks but just keeps repeating that step.

Getting very fed up with this now so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

I recently bought via Ebay (yeah yeah I know) a second hand IPC-B140H camera which has previously been used on an NVR. Assumed I could update the password via SADP and sending the file to HikVision Support and they responded with a new config file.

I tried the above but that didn't work. Getting a "device denied" response. Also tried the online password reset tools and get the same response.

Current configuration:
Software Build - V5.5.3 171221
DSP: V7.3 build 171212

Some oddities:
  • When first connected to SADP I get an IP address 192.168.254.X - which I can't ping.
  • If I then select enable DHCP and enter any password it says Password Incorrect but done change the IP address to one I can now ping and also access the web logon page.

I've tried to reload the above firmware (appears to be the latest version and downloaded form HikVision) via TFTP but it just keeps looping on sending the file which it says is completed but then continues to do send again etc.

I then tried using a modified TFTP from GitHub through Ubuntu - this appears to do the same thing as it shows sending the blocks but just keeps repeating that step.

Getting very fed up with this now so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Send it back. This is a 1/3 sensor that will produce poor low light images.