Help with bi app!!!

Cdub2355

n3wb
Reaction score
So I've ran bi for bout 2 years and yesterday I got new computer to run my cams. After deactivating bi on old computer, I set up everyone on new one but I CANNOT log in with app. It opens for about a second then goes back to login screen. It's like it's tryin to let me in but the says NOT CONNECTED for bout a split second and kicks me out. I believe I have port forwarding all set up and created users right. Please someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. Old software u would check mark user to log in. I don't see that option on updated software. I'll be happy to give whomever can help me the login info for the app so u can see what it's doing. I can't login on local network or offsite.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you talking about the BI mobile app for iPhone/Android or are you talking about the remote webpage that you are not able to login to?

If talking about the mobile app, then ensure that you have typed the user name and passwords in the app correctly during setup. These are BOTH case sensitive just to make sure you are entering it correctly.

Also, the newest version of BI server and app work together in getting this setup correctly using the product key. What version are you running of each?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure BI is not blocked by Windows firewall, and make sure your new BI machine has the IP address you think it does.

Cdub2355

n3wb
Reaction score
Mobile app for iPhone. The update asks for product key and when I type it in it says key not found. I got the software bout 2 years ago. As for the port being open, I'm assuming I got that part right but honestly I don't know. I'm not real tech savvy and it took forever for me to set it up originally. The internet provider updated their modem and it deleted everything I had set up so that may be th eproblem. What is the site I can go to check ports?

Cdub2355

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll be happy to give u the login infor if u have the app available for u to see what it's doing.vusually if something isn't right, it won't get u into the app. But it logs u in for a split second then kicks back out. Off subject....before I had it set up to record on motions only but when I turned on motion detection on the cams it wasn't popping up the clips off to the side like before. So now I got it recording constantly and motion clips cause I'm afraid it's not recording right otherwise. The new update has caused a lot of issues for people like me who had it all good for so long n now it seems all messed up.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You say you have been using it for 2 years and reinstalled. What version did you install of BI server? You haven't said yet.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be happy to give u the login infor if u have the app available for u to see what it's doing.vusually if something isn't right, it won't get u into the app. But it logs u in for a split second then kicks back out. Off subject....before I had it set up to record on motions only but when I turned on motion detection on the cams it wasn't popping up the clips off to the side like before. So now I got it recording constantly and motion clips cause I'm afraid it's not recording right otherwise. The new update has caused a lot of issues for people like me who had it all good for so long n now it seems all messed up.
Are you saying the mobile app is asking for a licesnse or the pc software? If you had a license for v3 you will need to pay 30 dollars for v4 or keep using v3...I would be glad to help you via remote access using teamviewer...

Cdub2355

n3wb
Reaction score
That would be awesome fender if u could do that. I have version 3. The app is asking for first 5 and last 5 of license. But says key not found. I just really need to get app working more then anything. It was set up perfect before I got new computer to set it up on. What time of day are u available to log in and help me? I'm not onsite right now but I can tomorrow and would love for u to get it right for me. I spent days the first time getting it right and now I've forgotten how to get it back.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That would be awesome fender if u could do that. I have version 3. The app is asking for first 5 and last 5 of license. But says key not found. I just really need to get app working more then anything. It was set up perfect before I got new computer to set it up on. What time of day are u available to log in and help me? I'm not onsite right now but I can tomorrow and would love for u to get it right for me. I spent days the first time getting it right and now I've forgotten how to get it back.
No problem, just let me know...i never heard of the app asking for a license key...can you take a screen shot and post it?
PM me when you are around to do the remote login.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@fenderman - the app is asking for this based on the latest wizard that Ken added to both the latest BI and the phone app. But I don't think this works when the server is still on v3. I am fairly certain it needs at least 4.1.2 when the iPhone app was updated anyhow.

Edit: the use of this feature is not needed and the ip information can still be input manually if desired.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman - the app is asking for this based on the latest wizard that Ken added to both the latest BI and the phone app. But I don't think this works when the server is still on v3. I am fairly certain it needs at least 4.1.2 when the iPhone app was updated anyhow.
I guess this is in the iphone app only because i dont see this option in the android app.....and you are correct, it cant work with v3 because there is no option to select to register the ip of the server..

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Don't enter anything in license area, I did that for a while and it worked

Cdub2355

n3wb
Reaction score
I couldn't figure out how to send screen shot but yes the above picture is what I'm talking about. And fender man I haven't gotten back onsite where the cameras are but I can tomorrow if ur gonna be available to help. I'll make whatever arrangements I need for u to help me. I just want my stuff back to the way it was. I really appreciate ur help. Really do.