Help with blue iris camera asap!!!!

Cdub2355

n3wb
Reaction score
Have a foscam camera that all of a sudden said NO SIGNAL ERROR 8000274c. Worked for 8 months fine then all of a sudden went out. Not familiar enough to figure out how to trouble shoot. Any administrator can help would be amazing. Have remote view downloaded from when fenderman helped me. I'm onsite now so please any help would be amazing.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't mean to be rude, but Foscam is known junk which creates many undesirable issues. I'm certain that someone here will be able to help you eventually, but IMO your best course of action is to ditch the Foscam product at the earliest possible date and move on to Dahua or HikVision products.

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My junk drawer is labeled "foscam". I think we all have some of those drawers. We learned too.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The first thing you will want to check is to see whether you can view the live video directly from the camera's web interface. That can help you figure out whether it is a camera or a Blue Iris issue.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree, see if you can access your Foscam from browser. Is this wired or wireless? I had Foscams connected wireless that would show no connection for minutes or hours, evidently some kind of interference in the neighborhood. I finally wired them up.

JH2000

n3wb
Reaction score
I disagree. Foscams can be great value for money. $60 for a PTZ and nowadays, decent image. I have one for 'backup' and it works great. Keep it dry and you should get years of service.

Can you 'ping' the address of the camera? Or, go into your router and match the MAC address of the camera with a connected IP address. In some routers they list the MAC address and the IP address of connected devices. The MAC address of your camera is probably on a sticker on the camera.

Foscams are great value for money. ;)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I disagree. Foscams can be great value for money. $60 for a PTZ and nowadays, decent image. I have one for 'backup' and it works great. Keep it dry and you should get years of service.

Can you 'ping' the address of the camera? Or, go into your router and match the MAC address of the camera with a connected IP address. In some routers they list the MAC address and the IP address of connected devices. The MAC address of your camera is probably on a sticker on the camera.

Foscams are great value for money. ;)
Sorry but there is zero value in foscam. First they are NOT ptz (except a low 3x on some expensive models) but not the 60. They are pan tilt. Pan tilt is a gimmick for 99 percent of applications particularly with these cameras where they will never retain position memory. The foscam as a very narrow field of view. That means you cannot cover much are unless you sit there all day panning and tilting. You are WAY better off with a 1080p or 4mp fixed camera with a wide 2.8mm lens. This way you capture everything 24/7. That company is unscrupulous, not honoring warranties, failing to provide refunds or firmware updates on cameras they knew to be defective (8920), and purposely unloading old versions of blue iris on amazon, to name a few. Stay away.

JH2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry but there is zero value in foscam. First they are NOT ptz (except a low 3x on some expensive models) but not the 60. They are pan tilt. Pan tilt is a gimmick for 99 percent of applications particularly with these cameras where they will never retain position memory. The foscam as a very narrow field of view. That means you cannot cover much are unless you sit there all day panning and tilting. You are WAY better off with a 1080p or 4mp fixed camera with a wide 2.8mm lens. This way you capture everything 24/7. That company is unscrupulous, not honoring warranties, failing to provide refunds or firmware updates on cameras they knew to be defective (8920), and purposely unloading old versions of blue iris on amazon, to name a few. Stay away.

You are correct, there is no optical zoom on a $60 Foscam. But if you want a cheap and cheerful camera that you can place virtually any place in the home and have control over it, I still like Foscam.

I think 'liking' a camera is directly attached to your expectations. For $60, I'm not expecting too much tech support and would visit a forum such as this to get my answers. I have used everything from Axis to Mobotix and I still say that $ for $, I like the Foscam range.

Here's an example of why I like the Foscam; Recently the power went out to part of my home (a GFCI tripped in the garage), all my cameras went down as the router/switch was powered by the GFCI circuit. My PC stayed on (running BI) and so did my Foscam - its in another part of the house and using Wifi. I was away from home for an extended time but at least I had ONE camera still running and controllable - the Foscam.

The Foscam streams 720p video and has a wider field of view than my Axis 215 ($1200). For $60, I'm happy. :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You are correct, there is no optical zoom on a $60 Foscam. But if you want a cheap and cheerful camera that you can place virtually any place in the home and have control over it, I still like Foscam.

I think 'liking' a camera is directly attached to your expectations. For $60, I'm not expecting too much tech support and would visit a forum such as this to get my answers. I have used everything from Axis to Mobotix and I still say that $ for $, I like the Foscam range.

Here's an example of why I like the Foscam; Recently the power went out to part of my home (a GFCI tripped in the garage), all my cameras went down as the router/switch was powered by the GFCI circuit. My PC stayed on (running BI) and so did my Foscam - its in another part of the house and using Wifi. I was away from home for an extended time but at least I had ONE camera still running and controllable - the Foscam.

The Foscam streams 720p video and has a wider field of view than my Axis 215 ($1200). For $60, I'm happy. :)
For 80-130 dollars (depending on sales and vendors) you can get a hikvision/laview 2mp cube. The cube has a pir sensor and advanced motion detection (line cross/intrusion detection) that can be used standalone or in conjunction with blue iris. The image quality is also far superior. The axis 215 (as well as most of their other cameras) are extremely overpriced. Reality has not hit them, yet. It is also an 18x zoom camera so their field of view is generally narrow even on the wide end because the lens at the widest is 4.7mm.