Help with cameras and placement for a newb

Reaction score
If you turn it a bit to the left to get rid of the light in the bottom right it might get you a better overview and reduce the glare.
That was going to be my suggestion as well.
I’m aiming it that direction because there is access to my property from my neighbor’s yard where the fence ends (you can see it in the night shot near the bushy plants). There is also a gate to my backyard, which I’ve pointed out with the blue arrow. Ultimately, I will also have a camera pointed at the gate about 15 feet behind it in the backyard, which will capture someone coming through, but I’d like to have some overlapping footage.

IMG_1300.jpegIMG_1302.jpeg

If I point this camera to the left, I think I’ll have a blind spot at the neighbor’s access point and in front of the gate. I have a second 5442 that I was planning on mounting on the other side of the garage, but I fear it’s too far away from the side of the house with the gate to identify while also providing an overview of the left side (camera perspective) of the driveway.

I’ll play around with some more orientations tonight. Thanks for your help

Last edited:

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I assumed that is why you had it pointed how you did.

I would try adjusting it to the left to fix the light issue and see how much of the neighbor/gate is still in the FOV. You might be fine.

goneracin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Outstanding thread. Very new guy here, and im reading everything i can for education
thanks