Help With Connecting Night Owl XHD50

Cheryl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have the night owl system XHD50 and want to connect to Blue Iris. I have the cameras set up and working on the DVR. I have a Sunba 601DX20 coming in the mail tomorrow and was hoping to have the nightowl going on BI before the new camera got here. I am a complete newbie, and have just been reading and watching YouTube videos but I just can’t figure it out. Can someone help me?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I have the night owl system XHD50 and want to connect to Blue Iris. I have the cameras set up and working on the DVR. I have a Sunba 601DX20 coming in the mail tomorrow and was hoping to have the nightowl going on BI before the new camera got here. I am a complete newbie, and have just been reading and watching YouTube videos but I just can’t figure it out. Can someone help me?
try the 3 options in the drop down for night owl and see this
How to add camera to BI that is not in the drop down list
avoid low end junk like sunba and nightowl...you are just going to end up disappointed..
Has Anyone Used: SUNBA 601-D20X ?

Cheryl

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Had tried all 3 dropdowns. Just tried the ONVIF Device Manager. No luck. And thanks for the advice on buying cameras, these are my first, hopefully I will learn as I go and make better choices. :). Any additional help on getting these night owl cameras on BI is appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Had tried all 3 dropdowns. Just tried the ONVIF Device Manager. No luck. And thanks for the advice on buying cameras, these are my first, hopefully I will learn as I go and make better choices. :). Any additional help on getting these night owl cameras on BI is appreciated.
you will need to find the correct rtsp url stream for that dvr...assuming it supports it...return the sunba...