Help with DB repair & maintenance

nutt318

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

So for some reason after our upgrade to v5 our DB maintenance kicked off again and caused issues with the DB. We previously had the maintenance disabled because our stored videos are so old.

We currently have about 31TB of stored video and when searching for video in the past it would always show the little red dot next to the day that there are recordings. Anyways we have only about 3 days showing but the video files are still there.

Just wondering what is the best way to get all of these recordings to show back up properly. Our DB is on local ssd and the stored and clips are on raid6 array. I've run the compact repair over the weekend but not sure if that really helped.

Thanks for the help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

So for some reason after our upgrade to v5 our DB maintenance kicked off again and caused issues with the DB. We previously had the maintenance disabled because our stored videos are so old.

We currently have about 31TB of stored video and when searching for video in the past it would always show the little red dot next to the day that there are recordings. Anyways we have only about 3 days showing but the video files are still there.

Just wondering what is the best way to get all of these recordings to show back up properly. Our DB is on local ssd and the stored and clips are on raid6 array. I've run the compact repair over the weekend but not sure if that really helped.

Thanks for the help.
Close blue Iris delete the database folder and restart blue Iris and let it regenerate itself.

nutt318

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So i've got around 200,000 video files and it took almost 36hours to rebulid/repair. I need to add another 200,000 files back as are retention is 200 days of video recordings. Anyways to speed up this process?

I notice BlueIris is only using around 25% cpu and doing this causing a recording gap which isnt the greatest. Just looking for a fast way to fix this.

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So i've got around 200,000 video files and it took almost 36hours to rebulid/repair. I need to add another 200,000 files back as are retention is 200 days of video recordings. Anyways to speed up this process?

I notice BlueIris is only using around 25% cpu and doing this causing a recording gap which isnt the greatest. Just looking for a fast way to fix this.

Thanks!
just disable the auto rebuild.
Also 200k files for 200 days is 1000 files per day. Use the combine and cut feature and set each clip to an hour so that you have less.

nutt318

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Auto rebuild, is that the compact/repair db every night? Just wondering where I should disable this and then what is the best method then to get BlueIris to know about all the clips.

I'll go ahead and change the settings for the 1hr clips, that makes sense because copying/managing all these little clips is crazy.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Auto rebuild, is that the compact/repair db every night? Just wondering where I should disable this and then what is the best method then to get BlueIris to know about all the clips.

I'll go ahead and change the settings for the 1hr clips, that makes sense because copying/managing all these little clips is crazy.
yes. Blue iris does not need to compact/repair every night. It knows where all the clips are.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
yes. Blue iris does not need to compact/repair every night. It knows where all the clips are.
While on the subject, what are the differences between the three database maintenance options?

Compact/Repair - I believe this is a typical compaction of of the database to take out wasted space from deletions, etc.
Repair/Regenerate - I'd guess is rebuilding the database from scratch?
Run maintenance - ???

nutt318

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there anyway to have BlueIris rebuild the database while also recording? incase this thing long than the weekend it would be nice to have it record while its regenerating the db.

I hope those 200,000 files are not in 1 [sub-]directory in a Windows filesystem.

Sent using Tapatalk
Yep, lol