Help with Event Schedulers and Triggers

cstickman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!! I am very new to Blue Iris and I have been trying to setup just two cameras. I have one at the main door of the building and one in the building. I have not setup any global schedule it is not checked as enabled. So I click on the camera settings and I want each camera to come on at different times and start recording and then stop recording. I then setup a FTP server to have the images transferred to the 4TB drive and then delete the file on the local computer running blue iris.

Here is what I did - I went to camera settings >> Schedule >> I have nothing checked, but continue to display and stream video while inactive. I then clicked on event schedule and created two new ones. One for starting to record at 9pm and then another one to turn off at 7am. I used the preset option record start/stop. I did that for both of them as they both start and stop at different times. It does work as they both came on to record, but then after a few minutes they both stopped recording. I am not sure what I did wrong to make this stop.

I am not sure if I need something else on that page checked or not. I would really like to have it only record mon-fri and then record all day and night on the weekends. So I am sure I will need to make a profile for that and not sure how to even accomplish that task. I did read the manual but it is greek to me.

Then part two is how do I get the software to send me a picture off of the cameras say every hour? I want to have them texted or emailed so when I am home instead of logging in I can just see the pictures and see if the door was broken or if something is out of place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You need to check override global schedule. You need to draw two profiles one inactive and the other any you choose, but lets go with profile 1. Set this for each day. Then in the record tab of the same camera make sure profile 1 is selected and from the drop down select continuous. (I am assuming you want continuous recording...if not select when triggered and set the motion settings under the motion tab). Note that when you start a manual record you are overriding the schedule and its stopping on its own because its probably set to a limit. See blue iris options> cameras tab> limit manual recording time.