Help with hardware - intel quick sync

BassTeQ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

Looking at upgrading my BI PC, and would like to ensure it's intel quick sync compatible for hardware encoding. The CPU ( i7-10700) says its supported, but the motherboard (Gigabyte H470 HD3) doesn't specifically mention it, it does have onboard Intel Graphics (Intel® UHD Graphics 630).
Just like to be sure before I make any purchase,

Thanks!

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the CPU supports it that is all you need for encode decode quicksync.. The only mother board hardware is bring the video out to the hdmi connector. If the mother board supports the i7-10700 processor and memory then it will support quicksync.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That motherboard is fine. It supports onboard graphics (as do most Intel consumer motherboards), and that means Quick Sync will work. As others have noted, the CPU itself is what actually has the graphics device.

Don't expect hardware encoding to work (it doesn't with my i7-8700K) but decoding should work and that is what matters more.

BassTeQ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks all for the replies, much appreciated!

BassTeQ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post an update, the new PC is leaps so much better with BI, CPU Usage on my old system without quicksync was approx 70%, down to 7%~8% now, so very happy!

xm4rcell0x

n3wb
Reaction score
Dumb question... Why buy a new Intel now when you can have a much horsepower ryzen for less money?
Yeah, quick sync... But now BlueIris has the substream so it is not so necessary...just imho
What do you think?