Help with Hikvision 7608NI

Reaction score
I just purchased a Hikvision 7600 NI 8 channel NVR. I also purchased 4 IP cameras (Hikvision generic cameras).

Here is the NVR I purchased (from ebay)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NVR-8-channel-8-PoE-ports-H-264-5MP-Full-HD-1080p-HDMI-8TB-Capacity-/141787610653?hash=item2103333e1d:g:qP4AAOSwwbdWKDG N

The cameras are listed as model: XC-2CD2032F-I

Here is a link to them:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2CD2032F-I-3...EAAOSwQTVV9wdB

I have tried using the cameras via Plug and Play with no luck, and also tried to activate the cameras via IVMS and add them manually with no luck. Just keep getting the NO LINK on the screen.

Any suggestions or tips for a total newbie?

TIA

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Did your cameras come in a brown box? I think I bought 5 from the same seller and only 2 work. I have not played with the 3 non-working ones yet.

Reaction score
No, they came in a white box that said IP IR Camera. They appear to work, as when I plug them into my router, I can access them and see the feed.

Did your cameras come in a brown box? I think I bought 5 from the same seller and only 2 work. I have not played with the 3 non-working ones yet.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you tried changing the cameras in the NVR from Plug & Play to manual and entering the correct username and password for the cameras? Sounds like an authentication issue to me.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A quick suggestion to try:
On the NVR web GUI, select a channel in 'Camera Configuration', select Modify, and change the mode to Manual instead of Plug & Play. Add the admin user and the password that works for the camera. Note down the IP address of the channel, presumably something like 192.168.254.2
It sounds like you can power a camera independently of the NVR PoE ports.
Take one of the cameras and connect it again to your router, then with either the camera web GUI, or SADP, change the camera IP address to the same as that you noted down from the NVR PoE port, and set the gateway to 192.168.254.1 I'm assuming that the PoE interface is still using the default IP address range starting with 192.168.254.1
Don't worry if the browser no longer connects to the camera after it reboots.
Re-connect the camera to the NVR PoE port that you had selected.
On the NVR web GUI, go to the Live View screen and start it, and check that the camera shows.