Help with jumpy video

emailrob

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

Having an issue with objects/people 'appearing' from nowhere. Avast the mysterious mailman outside my house!

This is on some LaView LV-PB932F4 cameras

FPS in blue iris sits around 28-30FPS on live view, with bitrate of about 150kp/s

This is taken from LIVE view (it's set to record direct to disc for 8 hours).
CPU usage is low (<40%) and I have 12 gig of ram running windows 10

Any advice on how to prevent it?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all

Having an issue with objects/people 'appearing' from nowhere. Avast the mysterious mailman outside my house!

This is on some LaView LV-PB932F4 cameras

FPS in blue iris sits around 28-30FPS on live view, with bitrate of about 150kp/s

This is taken from LIVE view (it's set to record direct to disc for 8 hours).
CPU usage is low (<40%) and I have 12 gig of ram running windows 10

Any advice on how to prevent it?
Are you saying that you recorded that from the live view within blue iris with some sort of screen recorder?

emailrob

n3wb
Reaction score
No, I took the video from the direct to disc recording and just cut that part out for purposes of highlighting the issue. It's recording in the BI format, and I exported to AVI. Even watching the video in BI itself produces the same issue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, I took the video from the direct to disc recording and just cut that part out for purposes of highlighting the issue. It's recording in the BI format, and I exported to AVI. Even watching the video in BI itself produces the same issue.
Ok...You need to match the iframe interval in the camera to the fps... BI only begins recording on a new iframe when using direct to disc...Also increase your pre trigger recording to at least 3 seconds

emailrob

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. So my cameras are set in their web interface to 20fps. So I should match the iframe to 20 also?

Then just add 3 seconds pre-trigger in blue iris?

emailrob

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks very much! I will try and report back if there is a disappearing mailman again.