Help with milkisbad cameras in BI

jmburton2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello!

I really need to get my surveillance system started and would like to buy all my product from milkisbad. I've PM'd him back and forth but it seems like he's overwhelmed. He sent me to his test camera website (PM for website info) and said to use the Hikvision protocols to add them to BI (ver 4.1.5.1 x64). So far no luck using any of the Hik protocols. He also sent me to his personal camera with the same info and it added just fine, although it wasn't any of the cameras listed at the URL he provided.

I'm abandoning all the cameras all the way up to, and including, the router at the old place and need to get my cams, PoE switch, and supplies ordered very soon so I can start the install.

1. Does anyone have experience with milkisbad's line of cameras?
  2. Are these cameras Hikvision clones or are they unbranded Hikvisions?
  3. Has anyone successfully added them to BI and can they assist me in adding these?
  4. He mentioned that he wasn't sure about the PTZ cams in BI. I'm interested in the 212X20-C and the 212X20 listed in his catalog. Does anyone have any experience with these particular PTZ cameras in BI?
Thanks in advance for your guidance!

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
jmburton2001 They will work with blue iris..have you setup any cameras with blue iris before? make sure the credentials and ip address/port are correct.

jmburton2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
jmburton2001 They will work with blue iris..have you setup any cameras with blue iris before? make sure the credentials and ip address/port are correct.
Yes, I've been using BI for a few years. Started with version 3 and am now on the newest version. The only unfortunate part is that I've always used Foscam or Foscam clones. Hence the reason I'm abandoning the old system and want to go with a much better product. milkisbad's catalog is impressive and the camera's appear to be fairly priced. Everyone here speaks very highly of him and I'd like to see him prosper for it.

In BI I have attached to the cameras using the supplied credentials and IP:port assignments. I have used every Hik protocol in BI to no avail. I can get his personal camera (which is in his catalog but not on the test page) to add to BI. That's the reason I need some expert guidance. If I can't get them to work in BI, then the SO will not let me order them...

As a last resort I tried to use the same settings I used for his camera with the exception of the IP:port assignment and couldn't get them to add.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I've been using BI for a few years. Started with version 3 and am now on the newest version. The only unfortunate part is that I've always used Foscam or Foscam clones. Hence the reason I'm abandoning the old system and want to go with a much better product. milkisbad's catalog is impressive and the camera's appear to be fairly priced. Everyone here speaks very highly of him and I'd like to see him prosper for it.

In BI I have attached to the cameras using the supplied credentials and IP:port assignments. I have used every Hik protocol in BI to no avail. I can get his personal camera (which is in his catalog but not on the test page) to add to BI. That's the reason I need some expert guidance. If I can't get them to work in BI, then the SO will not let me order them...

As a last resort I tried to use the same settings I used for his camera with the exception of the IP:port assignment and couldn't get them to add.
I have tested a milkisbad 4mp camera remotely and it works fine in BI...you can PM the credentials to me and i will test it on my end