Help with older Annke system

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, I think I have a way forward. I was able to access the RTSP stream coming out of the camera with VLC. Now I need to configure BI to accept that stream. Any guide on how to do that?
Paste that RTSP URL using the "Insert" => "Code" option in the menu above the post window; "insert" is to the right of the smiley face emoticon.
Then myself, wittaj or someone can suggest how to fit into BI's "video" => "configure".

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Annke NVR system that I purchased on Amazon in 2018. It is an N481Y system that came with 4 bullet cameras, I believe they are model I31BY cameras. I am setting up a new camera system using Blue Iris, ans would like to re use these cameras if possible. I have successfully connected a new Reolink camera to the BI system, so I know it can be done. The issue I'm having is I cannot connect to the Annke cameras, other than through the NVR. I'm not sure how to find their ip address, or how to change it like I did with the Reolink camera. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi @nukeworker

Got a spec sheet for this kit ?

I've been looking for the specs / data sheet online and have been unable to find it.

1705786719243.png

nukeworker

n3wb
Reaction score
Paste that RTSP URL using the "Insert" => "Code" option in the menu above the post window; "insert" is to the right of the smiley face emoticon.
Then myself, wittaj or someone can suggest how to fit into BI's "video" => "configure".
Code:
rtsp://user:password@192.168.1.92:554/Streaming/Channels/101
this is the rtsp URL for one of the cameras

nukeworker

n3wb
Reaction score

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure what your asking, but I am seeing the camera stream passed from the NVR. The NVR is still up and running. I would like to get rid of the NVR, but I can work with this for now.
The IP you used in the URL that works...is it the NVR's LAN IP?
Or is that an individual camera's IP?

nukeworker

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, you create a new cam, put in ALL the identical info (IP, username, password, make/model) but....in the drop-down select CAM 2 and OK, then repeat for CAM 3, and so on.
What does that do for me? Is it a faster way to add them? Also, when I add a new camera, I have to give it a different name

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nevermind, I figured out what you were saying
You can also copy the first working camera to a new camera and just select the new cam # in the drop-down as mentioned toward the bottom of post #4 by wittaj.

"Then about halfway down is a pull down for Camera number and pick camera 1 and then hit ok. The camera should show up. Then add camera and the select copy and copy this camera and then change the number 1 to a 2 and repeat for your cameras."

nukeworker

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, new issue. A couple of my cameras will drop out and blue Iris will show "No Signal". However if I access the rtsp stream in VLC, they will start working again. I have the camera configured with "Send rtsp Keep Alive" box checked.