Help with putting together a Dahua outdoor system

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
bought mine from http://wrightwoodsurveillance.com/, but they dont carry a comparable model anymore.. but they might be able to get you one I suppose; There support was really good; there tech helped me write code for my Dahua PTZ and I consider that some pretty badass support; as most would say.. not supported.

je24

n3wb
Reaction score
je24,
However, that level of service comes at a price. So I just purchased a camera from aliexpress. http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/R78La1S The vendor provides English f/w and NTSC format.
Unfortunately I cannot see what was in that order but am curious as to which one you purchased. I looked at some cameras on that site but those that I did did not indicate PAL/NTSC (but do have English firmware). Some of the shipping costs are outrageous, but it seems the ones with free shipping are about the same price as the same camera without free shipping, so I guess it balances itself out. When are you supposed to get your order?

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did not notice the lack of IP66 on those cameras. How about the similar dome camera DH-SD22A204TN-GN (did not check price but should be similar)?

I gave up on wifi and resigned myself to running Ethernet but would like to stick with one device per location (just the camera, no other sensors, IR, etc).
for what it is worth (only experience with some hikvision cameras and nvr for now)
I will built a new house, and that is all brick an concrete so i can not really bring out wires afterwards other than external tubes over the outer wall.

So i decided to go for the SD22204-GN (international version of what you mention which is the usa version i think)
from china they are below $150 delivered.
they need external ir, so i bought some external poe ir light modules that do 16 meter ir with 90 degrees (10 watt)
these will mount under the roof eve at 6 meter up and are directed down ans light my own property and part of the street.

The camera positions is what i am thinking over now, and that is a bit more flexible with ptz.
as i need to ask the house builder to put a empty tube to outer wall positions, these ptz will help me to get the picture from where i need it. With the zoom between 3.x-11 mm it should do on the distances i have (2.5 meter, 5 meter and 8 meter max)
So i still need to think of the camera positions, but not on the lens type.
alternative would be a camera with zoom lens and manually aim that (cheaper and perhaps better quality camera for the same money)

the bad experience i have with the hikvision are the mini dome which i have wall mounted: Rain, bugs and false detections on shady cloud patterns on the car or street.
The turret is quite good, not many issues there.
The bigger ptz has none such issues, but that is more zoomed in.

did not want these bigger ptz around my house,msomwill only put one in at the back of the house at 6m up to keep eye on the back garden and side of house, and it can cover my floor ground roofs (house is higher than the kitchen extention, veranda, garage and carport)

now thinking to get some more advanced sensors to trigger alarms on and not the internal ivs from the dahua, as i read very good results on this forum.