Help with this system and applicability

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am putting together a system for our neighborhood. (front entry video survellance). Our front entry building separates entry and exit. I have tentatively decided on the following that I intend to buy from Empire Candy:

Main Cams - 2 cameras to be mounted under eaves. one camera each side, to cover incomming and outgoing traffic.
Model N28BB7Z (Dahua Ultra Starlight Bullets). Also 2 DET-42LTIR200R IR Illuminator Panels.

For LPR, Ground Level installation of 2 Dahua IPC-HFW4231E-SE. These will be mounted ground level on the building to cover both sides (entry and exit). I plan to use the IR Illuminator Panels to augment these cams and will mont them Ground Level as well. I understand that true LPR requires specialized software and expensive cameras. I consided this to offer a cost effective trade off but understand that it is not bullet proof.

Would appreciate any feedback or suggestions before I present to my association.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Be sure to look in the LPR section of this site.
You didn't mention any distances, but a couple of these Review-Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 800 meter capable ePOE would probably suffice.
I suspect you will want a varifocal for LPR instead of the fixed lens you have chosen.
The Ultra model numbers are USA versions, you can get them for half the price from.
Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
The store operator is a member here. @EMPIRETECANDY

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Looney2. I will look at going with varifocals as you suggested. Also, the starlights I am looking at (N28BB7Z) are USA right? I did not see these at EmpireCandy but will look again.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Looney2. I will look at going with varifocals as you suggested. Also, the starlights I am looking at (N28BB7Z) are USA right? I did not see these at EmpireCandy but will look again.
Hi KCulver,

The US model numbers differ from the international models.

For international model starlights look for

IPC-HDW52xx or 42xx for turret styles
IPC-HFW52xx or 82xx or 42xx for bullet styles

Naming convention notes in the note that Giomania has assembled
IPCamTalk WiKi | IP Cam Talk

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ahhh! got it and thanks! Sure don't want to run into issues if there is a need to update firmware!