Hey guys.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im in the market for a camera security system. Have read a lot on these forums already and learnt a lot. Great community with so much information thats been super helpful :thumb:

Reaction score
Can i ask a newbie question here?

I want to mount a turrent camera to a wall (specifically the Dahua 5542). However every photo of them mounted they are hanging off the ceiling/roof like this

If i mount it to a wall, will the image always appear sideways? Or can the "eyeball" of the camera be moved 90 degrees inside the casing/mount?

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

I want to mount a turrent camera to a wall (specifically the Dahua 5542). However every photo of them mounted they are hanging off the ceiling/roof. If i mount it to a wall, will the image always appear sideways? Or can the "eyeball" of the camera be moved 90 degrees inside the casing/mount?
No problem on the wall. It can be rotated on 3 axis.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
In addition to the physical 3 axis rotations (left/right, up/down, axial spin), the software allows you to mirror the image or rotate 90 degrees. So if the best physical position is 90 degrees from "flat" the software will let you effectively change which way is "down" for purposes of image orientation.

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I want to mount a turrent camera to a wall (specifically the Dahua 5542). However every photo of them mounted they are hanging off the ceiling/roof like this
If i mount it to a wall, will the image always appear sideways? Or can the "eyeball" of the camera be moved 90 degrees inside the casing/mount?
Check out the installation thread. Lots of pics of wall mounted turrets.
You can mount with or without a junction box.
Below is an example of a wall mount without a junction box direct to stucco. Also inside view in garage.
If you need to remove the camera in the future, then having a junction box on the outside may offer the easiest solution for maintenance.

As already answered, the eyeball can rotate 360° in the housing so you have total flexibility to mounting and then adjusting.

Attachments