HFW3441T-ZS alternative / upgrade advise

Denizz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

Currently we use HFW3441T cameras. They work fine for our use case, however there is room for improvement in particular the low light performance. Without IR and software tricks, the low light performance is not stellar. However, that is to no surprise because of the tiny sensor the camera has. So I am hoping that with the wishes below, there is an alternative better suited for my use case. I am posting this here in the Dahua forum, because I prefer to remain with Dahua due to already have quite some cameras. However suggestions for other brands are welcome.

Requirements and wishes
IR cannot be used due to reflections and the need for colour images. Software tricks like WDR cannot be used due to the need for proper colour images. It is NOT for security purposes but for monitoring.

Important: bigger sensor for improved low light performance. The camera may not be bigger than it already is! It needs to have a non fixed focus (sorry forgot the word, varifocal?) and zoom, but the zoom is secondary.

Nice to have: 50/60 fps instead of just 25 to have some slow-motion capabilities of movies.

Budget: Ofcourse preferably about the same price as it already is or lower ;). However I would say €400 (excl tax) is the maximum unless higher really grants big benefits.

I would greatly appreciate some suggestions to look at :). Or, perhaps I am looking for something which is not there so I need to look not further and work with what we have. That's good to know too.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - specs

IPC-HFW3441T-ZS
4MP IR Vari-focal Bullet WizSense Network Camera

4MP, 1/3” CMOS image sensor, low illuminance, high image definition
Outputs max. 4MP (2688 × 1520)@30 fps
H.265 codec, high compression rate, low bit rate
Built-in IR LED, max. IR distance: 60 m
ROI, SMART H.264+/H.265+, flexible coding, applicable to various bandwidth and storage environments
Rotation mode, WDR, 3D DNR, HLC, BLC, digital watermarking, applicable to various monitoring scenes
Intelligent detection: Intrusion, tripwire (support the classification and accurate detection of vehicle and human)
Abnormality detection: Motion detection, video tampering, scene changing,no SD card, SD card full, SD card error, network disconnection, IP conflict, illegal access, voltage detection
Supports max. 256 G Micro SD card
12V DC/POE power supply
IP67, IK10(optional) protection
SMD Plus

1607657393568.png