Hi Everyone!

Agasnine

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone at IP Cam Talk. I don't even have my first camera and feel I have already caught the surveillance addiction! Spent the last several days researching cameras, nvrs, and BI and reading that WIKI. I have changed what I decided on 3 times already lol. Just want to say thank you to all who help on here. I'm sure I'll be posting some questions soon and hope to give back to the community once I learn a little more.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone at IP Cam Talk. I don't even have my first camera and feel I have already caught the surveillance addiction! Spent the last several days researching cameras, nvrs, and BI and reading that WIKI. I have changed what I decided on 3 times already lol. Just want to say thank you to all who help on here. I'm sure I'll be posting some questions soon and hope to give back to the community once I learn a little more.
Good to have you join us.

Once you start feeling good - pick up a decent IP PoE camera and a small switch and start playing around a bit.

The Amcrest 5MP turret is a very affordable one to start playing with.. if you can afford more many of us like the 4MP Dahua Starlight+ models...

There are some nice Hikvision cameras coming out with larger sensors also.. so lots of options depending on your budget

Agasnine

n3wb
Reaction score
I was originally looking at the 8MP Amcrest with NVR but the more I researched (and strayed away from the MP race), the more I am leaning towards the 4MP Dahua 5442 and BI.

Biggest question I am trying to answer right now is with BI.
I might build a system later for it but would it work okay if I use on my daily driver computer? I feel my specs are more than enough for it, just wondering how it handles being used for other things while BI is running.
Specs
i9-9900k
32GB RAM
NVidia GTX1060
Win 10

Planning on having 4 of the Dahua 5442s (more later but would be after I build a dedicated system)

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Depends on what else you do with that "daily driver". For testing a getting your feet wet, it should work OK as long as you're not into heavy gaming, other video processing or anything else that is processor/disk intensive.