Hi from France

Barnowl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Just joined ipcamtalk.
have been looking for info for quite a while on determining a "bricked" ip cam.
I now have what appears to be a bricked chinese IP megapixel ptz hi speed mini dome - everything appears to work - i.e power connecting kicks of startup motors, IR works if I block the sensor, but cannot find an IP or talk to cam, it is 3 years old, worked fine for most of this time, then intermittent connections, looks like comms / network interface, not sure how to test at pcb level ?
Have installed another Floureon 30x which is working fine.
Would like to have a crack at the old one before it hits the bottom of a skip.
There is NO, reset button available, just a 3-link jumper at the rear end of camera, have tried all 3 permutations - no joy, opened up the main body, nothing in there that looks like a reset.
Any help or pointers would be appreciated,

Yojinbo

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome Barnowl (love the name)

If we operate from the theory that your camera is working but has "reset" itself somehow you might try the following:
1. Look for it on its default IP address.
2. Examine the IP addresses leased (issued to devices) by your DHCP server. Once you eliminate the other devices you may find again in order to manage it.

I have used these methods to find "lost" IP cameras before.

Barnowl

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome Barnowl (love the name)

If we operate from the theory that your camera is working but has "reset" itself somehow you might try the following:
1. Look for it on its default IP address.
2. Examine the IP addresses leased (issued to devices) by your DHCP server. Once you eliminate the other devices you may find again in order to manage it.

I have used these methods to find "lost" IP cameras before.
Hi, and thanks for the reply and welcome.
I have tried the camera's default address (the one printed on the case 192.168.1.110) no joy, I have used LANSPY to search all "my kit" i.e printers, Synology server, LG NAS, smarthub. my IP range is 192.168.1.xxx
I have noted 3 unusual IP's 192.168. 2 . 224, 225 & 255, I tried to access these via browser, but nothing. AFIK the system settings last were 'fixed IP' not DHCP, and my router is NOT reporting a newly assigned IP either. I think something has failed on the network side of the camera, but I really don't want to give up just yet. I do get an active blink on my hub when the camera is connected, but not traffic flow!.
I am happy to post some pics of the camera, pcb's etc, in case someone recognises it, the camera system reported a SONY unit (when it was accessible!) and various (meaningless serials)

Barnowl is because I have got some fabulouse pictures of Barn owls that live in my barn opposite the house, the camera is focused everynight watching them come and go, amazing.

Yojinbo

n3wb
Reaction score
Its probably wise to post some more details with a help request - but do so in the "IP Cameras" area so that the right people will see it. I don't think you are going to get enough people looking here in the Welcome area.

I grew up in the US Midwest and we had barn owls on our farm too.

Barnowl

n3wb
Reaction score
Its probably wise to post some more details with a help request - but do so in the "IP Cameras" area so that the right people will see it. I don't think you are going to get enough people looking here in the Welcome area.

I grew up in the US Midwest and we had barn owls on our farm too.
Hi, Thanks for the advice, I shall create a request for heop in the IP Camera forum.
I tried to upload a vid of the Barnowls, but .mp4 not allowed, so will post a couple of pics from the New camera later, resolution is great.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome Barnowl,

Maybe worth testing the cable - maybe a lose connection?

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Open camera find RX/TX on PCB, connect TTL to USB serial adapter, reboot camera and see what happen.