Hi. I have some questions on a 50 camera build..

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I'll try to make it fast. I need to build a Blue Iris system for a car wash I am in the midst of building, that will handle 50 + cameras, running as much as 4MP at a minimum of 10 FPS on average. I bought a Hikvision 9664 NVR, and the damn thing gives me a headache! I'm not entirely sure it can handle 50, let alone 64 cameras, and it's been a bitch to configure. I hate it... I plan on returning it. Mind you, I may not know what the heck I'm doing with it, because it's complicated , but let's just say it's up and running..

So, I own Blue Iris 4 and 5. I have played with it with around 20 cameras, and it maxes out my AMD octa core which is about 5 years old at least. I may not have it configured perfectly, but it's old... Basically useless. It's obvious I need some serious HP to use Blue Iris.. Still, I prefer to use a PC, over a NVR, so I really want to make this work.

If I build a 9900K system with lots of fast Ram and a high end MB, would I be on the right track, using quicksync and a Nvidia card, or should I be looking at a AMD 3950 or something like it, foregoing the Intel quicksync? This system has to be very reliable and remote view worthy.. And I'm a DIY kind of guy...

I already bought a bunch of Hikvision 4MP turrets, and I am about to buy 25 more Bullets. Please, save me from myself:) .. I would appreciate your input..

Thank you, Rick

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I'll try to make it fast. I need to build a Blue Iris system for a car wash I am in the midst of building, that will handle 50 + cameras, running as much as 4MP at a minimum of 10 FPS on average. I bought a Hikvision 9664 NVR, and the damn thing gives me a headache! I'm not entirely sure it can handle 50, let alone 64 cameras, and it's been a bitch to configure. I hate it... I plan on returning it. Mind you, I may not know what the heck I'm doing with it, because it's complicated , but let's just say it's up and running..

So, I own Blue Iris 4 and 5. I have played with it with around 20 cameras, and it maxes out my AMD octa core which is about 5 years old at least. I may not have it configured perfectly, but it's old... Basically useless. It's obvious I need some serious HP to use Blue Iris.. Still, I prefer to use a PC, over a NVR, so I really want to make this work.

If I build a 9900K system with lots of fast Ram and a high end MB, would I be on the right track, using quicksync and a Nvidia card, or should I be looking at a AMD 3950 or something like it, foregoing the Intel quicksync? This system has to be very reliable and remote view worthy.. And I'm a DIY kind of guy...

I already bought a bunch of Hikvision 4MP turrets, and I am about to buy 25 more Bullets. Please, save me from myself:) .. I would appreciate your input..

Thank you, Rick
Anybody?

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I handle many systems with more cameras than what you are asking about, but never tried blue iris at all. I jumped straight to the expensive commercial products, and while the software cost a lot then I can run on small inexpensive hardware so for me it was worth it. I cannot help at all with what you would need with BI to get it working well.

With software such as, say, exacq you could do 50 cameras easily. You'd spend $6500 on the software alone, then just run it on any i5 or i7 machine with multiple large hard drives and be good to go. I have ran 12 camera setups on old celerons. BI is a whole different beast and I have no clue what you would need though.