Hi, I need some advice for an ipcam

fm44

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to ask you experts for your advice, I am a newbie.

In my b & b I have an Amcrest IP2M-841 security camera, connected via cable (not Wifi). But it has a limited FOV, it should be 90°, it can't frame the whole camera, but only 70%. I would like to buy a camera with a higher FOV.
I wanted to buy an Amcrest IP4M-1051, which has a 120° FOV, and to stick with the Amcrest software and use the two cameras together. But this model is nowhere to be found, it seems that it is no longer produced.

Could you recommend a camera with these characteristics:

• FOV of at least 110° , better if 120°
  • Resolution at least 2k
  • 2-way audio
  • 24/24 continuous recording
  • Recording on microSD
  • Night mode with infrared (infrared LEDs not illuminated)
  • Valid software

Thanks so much

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to ask you experts for your advice, I am a newbie.

In my b & b I have an Amcrest IP2M-841 security camera, connected via cable (not Wifi). But it has a limited FOV, it should be 90°, it can't frame the whole camera, but only 70%. I would like to buy a camera with a higher FOV.
I wanted to buy an Amcrest IP4M-1051, which has a 120° FOV, and to stick with the Amcrest software and use the two cameras together. But this model is nowhere to be found, it seems that it is no longer produced.

Could you recommend a camera with these characteristics:

• FOV of at least 110° , better if 120°
  • Resolution at least 2k
  • 2-way audio
  • 24/24 continuous recording
  • Recording on microSD
  • Night mode with infrared (infrared LEDs not illuminated)
  • Valid software

Thanks so much
Welcome @fm44

1664471491432.png

You can look for a camera with a 2.8mm lens that will give you more FOV ..

Remember wider FOV = shorter ID distance .. see the DORI notes in the cliff notes..

fm44

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome @fm44

View attachment 141199

You can look for a camera with a 2.8mm lens that will give you more FOV ..

Remember wider FOV = shorter ID distance .. see the DORI notes in the cliff notes..
Thanks so much. I'm not very interested in features like recognition and identification, just simple motion detection. Among the various cameras with 2.8mm lenses, are there any that you could recommend to me?