Hi Im new here. I'm wondering if this is a good purchase. Looking for PTZ cameras.

Jayh

n3wb
Reaction score
I use BLUE Irsis and I'm going to replace a hikvision 2mp dome camera that is having condensation problems. What is a good POE PTZ camera on the market? Within $ 150-300 CAD Thanks!

I removed a link to a camera that wasn't POE

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
:welcome:

There's lots of info in the wiki and cliff notes.

If you tell us more about where / how you plan on using the camera it will be easier to offer advice.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A ptz sounds like a good idea, but what is the specific use case. How are you doing g to use it. A ptz is normally pointed in the wrong direction missing what is going on.

A good quality turret camera with night vision, variable focus is a good first camera

Jayh

n3wb
Reaction score
:welcome:

There's lots of info in the wiki and cliff notes.

If you tell us more about where / how you plan on using the camera it will be easier to offer advice.

Its positioned to view the frontyard of my house with the entrance door. I wanted to get a PTZ that can do that, doesn't have a dome so I don't have to clean it and tilt/adjust it all the time and I can turn, zoom in when a stranger is at the door and turn the camera around to look into my background which is blocked by a 7 FT wooden fence. This camera is completely positioned facing north and the sun doesn't hit it.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A turret is not a dome. You are dreaming if you think you can use a ptz that way. It will more than likely will not work at all at night. Go waste your money.

Read the cliff notes in the wiki. The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page

Last edited:

Jayh

n3wb
Reaction score
A turret is not a done. You are dreaming if you think you can use a ptz that way. It will more than likely will not work at all at night. Go waste your money.

You have any product suggestion aside from your condescending comment. I haven't bought anything. Right now, I use two DS-2CD2132F and I can't see anything in the night with the one that is mounted facing North looking towards my front entrance and yard.

Read the cliff notes in the wiki. The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page
ok dokie

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your OP originally asked about a $119.00 PTZ camera. Now you've asked us to recommend a PTZ camera with a budget of US$113.00 to US$226.00. This is within your budget and may fit you well...

Foscam Outdoor PTZ (4x Optical Zoom) HD 1080P WiFi Security Camera - Pan Tilt Wireless IP Camera with Night Vision up to 196ft, IP66 Weatherproof Shell, WDR, Motion Alerts, and More (FI9928P)

And it's Amazon Prime!!!1
You know it's good if it has SCAM in the name and a giant phallic wifi antenna. :rofl::rofl:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Jayh

n3wb
Reaction score
You know it's good if it has SCAM in the name and a giant phallic wifi antenna. :rofl::rofl:
I know for that fact that thing is a piece of poo. I hate FOSCAM. I had one and returned it. And he linked me to Amazon.com!!!!!!!