Hi im new!

markgca

n3wb
Reaction score
hi

my name is mark, and we moved almost two years ago from california to florida. Everything is different here, and we were in a rental for 20 months, so we ran ubiquiti wireless cameras. They worked out great for what they were.
Recently we bought a new condo and just moved in. in it are Luma 310 cameras, a doorbird doorbell cam, and a visualint NVR. Cant really find much data on the luma or visualnt equipment, but they were expensive and dont seem to do that much.
i have been able to link the luma cameras to my qnap surveillance software which is much better than the visualint nvr, but havent been successful yet with the doorbird.

anyway i hope this site has some knowledge and help to get me up and running or maybe point me in the direction of scrapping everything and starting over!

mark

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Read the Cliff Notes and check out the WIKI. There is a ton of info there that will help you decide on how to move forward.

When I started I was using the cam software on my QNAP NAS. I ended up getting a PC and loading Blue Iris on it and BI has been so much better. Glad I did that.

Reaction score
do you happen to know if blue iris will run well in a VM?
I have never done that. I just have a dedicated i7-8700 for BI.

Now there are very many threads here where people discuss running BI in a VM and from what I can remember it has worked. Do some searching here and you could ask about it in those threads or perhaps specifically ask in a new thread.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats for escaping Cali !

Mrs bigredfish and I are big fans of Anna Maria Island