Higher Direct From China Camera Costs? Trump Withdraws From International Postal Union

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
I am curious if this will have any impact on China camera sellers shipping to the US.

There are a number of stories out of this, e.g. Trump Opens New Front in His Battle With China: International Shipping and Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Quote: “Chinese sellers on EBay and other platforms may disappear, or at the very least they will not find it so easy to sell to Americans anymore,” said Gary Huang, chairman of the supply chain committee for the American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai. “This has been a big advantage for them for many years and how they’ve beat out the American seller on their own turf.”

What do you think? cc: @EMPIRETECANDY

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am curious if this will have any impact on China camera sellers shipping to the US.

There are a number of stories out of this, e.g. Trump Opens New Front in His Battle With China: International Shipping and Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Quote: “Chinese sellers on EBay and other platforms may disappear, or at the very least they will not find it so easy to sell to Americans anymore,” said Gary Huang, chairman of the supply chain committee for the American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai. “This has been a big advantage for them for many years and how they’ve beat out the American seller on their own turf.”

What do you think? cc: @EMPIRETECANDY
This is great news. There is no reason they should be subsidized. This will mostly affect the 20-30 dollar camera market. Even with dhl 3 day shipping andy's prices from china are significantly less than us distributors, in addition to many popular models not having us equivalents at all.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I always wondered why I could buy, and this is no exaggeration, a package of 10 replacement rubber pushbutton covers for some cheap flashlights for 69 cents, and get FREE shipping on that order directly from China. Nobody in the US would be able to ship the same cheap product to me for less than 5 or 6 dollars. That has to have been hurting US sellers tremendously, of course. I've benefited from this on a number of occasions. But that doesn't make it fair. This explains what the amazing "free e-packet" shipping has been all about.