Highlight the motion that triggered the motion event during playback and live view

TaxExempt

n3wb
Reaction score
While using iVMS, is there any way that I can have whatever motion area that set off the motion detection to be highlighted during playback and while watching live? I'm getting many false motion detection evens and I can't even tell where they're coming from.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm seeing the highlights in Live View. I'm not sure what I did to turn them on. Perhaps it is checking "Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion" in the camera configuration under Event/BasicEvent/MotionDetection.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If it works like the NVR or IPC, 'Enable rules' in Local Configuration is what shows the event sources.

Niren

n3wb
Reaction score
You can set it in IVMS settings, it's called "Highlight motion area", you have to activate "double vca" in your camera settings.

Niren

n3wb
Reaction score
You can set it in IVMS settings, it's called "Highlight motion area", you have to activate "double vca" in your camera settings.
Double vca is for the motion to be seen in the record file if you playback with ivms

TaxExempt

n3wb
Reaction score
So are you all saying that I have to get into the local configuration of the camera? That's quite inconvenient. How am I supposed do that easily? I'm not about to start running Ethernet jumpers across my house just to re-config a camera through my local network, that's defeating the purpose of having this NVR setup. How do I do these changes in iVMS?

Niren

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't work with a NVR, My records are stored on a NAS so I can't help you with NVR questions.

If you can live view your camera's in IVMS on a computer you can get in the camera settings with right mouse click on the live view screen and click remote config or something in that order... There you have to "enable dynamic analisys for motion" and "double VCA, then you can config in the IVMS program settings (not the remote config screen) "highlight motion area".
If you have done this the motion is visible in IVMS with live view and playback, I don't know if this also works for your NVR, but if it's only for programming it should not be a problem to work with IVMS.