HIK 2632 varifocal

Jim W

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Been looking at this camera
Here

It has the alarm I/O but it is asking whether I want PAL or NTSC which isn't asked for on other models ?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think these have an analog video out do they? Thats the only place it would matter.

Most likely the toggle makes zero difference to the actual product you receive. If it does make a difference, then the PAL version probably has a max frame rate of 25 and the NTSC a max of 30.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe bp is correct. Regardless if you live in the US, just select, ntsc...

Antitrust

n3wb
Reaction score
Yup it doesn't matter. I have this cam and you can change it in the config. As bp said it changes the frame rates you can use. It's probably so the supplier will pre-configure it. I live in NZ and they set it to PAL, but I change to NTSC since all my monitors are running at 60Hz

Jim W

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yup it doesn't matter. I have this cam and you can change it in the config. As bp said it changes the frame rates you can use. It's probably so the supplier will pre-configure it. I live in NZ and they set it to PAL, but I change to NTSC since all my monitors are running at 60Hz
Not sure why they don't ask for this on other hikvision cameras? On my Tenvis cameras there is a box to choose from 50 or 60 Hz.
Do you like the camera ?
Thanks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IPCameras are just streaming a video file over the network, there is no Hz to speak of.. they dont include power converters and it takes DC power; which has no frequency and is the same wherever you live.

If it had an analogue video output it would need to match your analogue video inputs; there are a few cams here and there still with a analogue and IP output but they are not common, this is just crap left over from the analogue days.. some bureaucrat somewhere has a form that says all cameras ordered for the state of blah must be NTSC, meet so and so certifications and this and so forth.. one day they might disappear but expect to see the choice between NTSC/PAL for a lil while longer.

the labels are the only difference, relics from a bygone era :)