Hik 2CD2142FWD drops IR when connect to iVMS-4500

dala

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been appreciating and learning a lot from this forum over the last weeks and it's now time for my first post.

I've had a Hik DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS up and running for a few weeks with no major problems. It's the European/English version currently running firmware V5.3.3 build 150630. I also have a Huisun 2MP PTZ 10x which seem to be increasingly popular here as well.

I have looked around for one iOS app that support both cameras and so far only found iVMS-4500. Yesterday I configured the app for both cams and quickly got things working. However, every time the iVMS app connects to the Hik 2142 the cam drop the IR for a few seconds (see attached video). This of course triggers the motion detection which is unvanted so I'm trying to get rid of the IR drop behaviour. I have not upgraded the firmware yet as the 5.3.6 firmware seem to get mixed reviews.

Any suggestions or solutions to the IR drop problem are highly appreciated. Suggestions about alternatives iOS apps (other than iVMS-4500) for managing both the Hik and the Huisun are also welcome.

Thanks for a great forum!
dala

Last edited by a moderator:

TedP

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same camera/firmware version and the same issue. I have other Hikvision 3mp versions for several years and have never seen this issue with them. I have tried everything to resolve but no luck.

Interestingly it doesn't appear to be a iVMS-4500 issue. The same behavior occures switching to substream from main stream on the camera live view. So it looks something in the camera/firmware.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@dala @TedP, there is another thread discussing the same issue which was ultimately resolved by a firmware update. I cant seem to find it at the moment, hopefully someone else can.

Last edited by a moderator: