HIK 2CD2432F-IW (v5.4) Unreachable

alexkrycek

n3wb
Reaction score
My camera seems to operate just fine for a few hours, then suddenly stops responding to any network requests. It doesn't matter if I have networking set to static or DHCP. It seems the only temporary fix is to restart the camera.

To troubleshoot, I directly connected my laptop to the camera. When I send traffic to the camera (ex. ping), I get no response at all. I only start receiving traffic if I reboot the camera.

I wouldn't think it was a physical problem with the camera or cables since a reboot fixes it. Does anyone have any ideas?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this a new camera that's always behaved like this?
Does it disappear from SADP?
Does the link detect light on the switch/router stay on, and does it still flash?
Have you tried another network cable temporarily?
How is the camera powered?
Have you tried changing the power source as an experiment?

alexkrycek

n3wb
Reaction score
My router's light comes on, indicating that it physically detects a link. But there is nothing above Layer 1 (nothing on SADP).

I replaced the cable and power supply, which didn't change anything. Finally I reinstalled the 5.4 firmware. Whereas it wouldn't last more than 8 hours before, following the reinstall it took 21 hours before going down. I have had this camera for a few weeks. It came with 5.3 firmware, and I don't remember this being an issue.