HIK-7608NI-I2-8P VCA

sammmy

n3wb
Reaction score
I have set up region entry and region exit both are enabled. When I search VCA count the result is always zero has anyone managed to get this to work?

Regards

sammmy

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get VCA search count working?
Always zero when report is run.

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same NVR and the same issue - no "red ticks" on playback search either. I gave up, hoping that that fabled Christmas Angel, "New Firmware" might someday solve it. Until then just coal in our stockings...

sammmy

n3wb
Reaction score
I can see the red tick on playback but when you run the report always returns zero for some reason.
So it has captured some smart events but something is missing in the report.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
When I search VCA count the result is always zero
I've never used this so thought I'd take a look.
On the VGA/HDMI interface a 7816N-E2 with 3.4.90 firmware, the 'VCA Search' top-level menu item seems to need an IPC source with either 'Behaviour Search' 'Face Search' 'Plate Search' 'People Counting' or 'Heat Map' as VCA sources.
As I don't have any such capable cameras, no search results.
Is it the 'VCA Search' top-level menu item you are asking about?

In the Playback top-level menu item, using Event, then Major Type=VCA then Minor Type=All I can get plenty of resuits.
And selecting Minor Type= something supported by the cameras, such as Line Crossing Detection or PIR Detection also works OK.
But picking an event type that's not supported by my cameras such as People Counting yields zero.
Is it the Playback VCA search you are referring to?