HIK Cams being whited out on sunny days

Carito

n3wb
Reaction score
CaptureFR1.JPG

I cant figure out what to do but my cams are almost useless. ITried adding an example URL image. Didn't use to be this way and I haven't changed anything. Tried restarting. Got DS-2CD2132 cams. Bullet and Dome both acting the same.

On a sunny day they are whiting out. Not sure if there is a more appropriate technical term. I literally cannot see 25 feet. Was home and tried various settings and nothing. NVR is a DS-7608NI-SE.

On this particular cam in the NVR I have the following set:
Iris Mode- manual (there is no auto)
Smart IR- off
Exposure time- 1/30
Video Std- 60hz
Day/Night- Auto
Senssitivity- 0
Mirror- off
BLC area- Down
WDR- off (Tried setting to on)
White Bal- AWB1
Digital Noise On
Level- 100

On the actual camera it has:
Resolution- 2048*1536
Bitrate- Variable
Quality- Highest
Frame Rate- 20
Max Bitrate- 4096
Encoding- H.264
I Frame- 20
SVC- Off
Image Adjustment (all are at 50)
Exposure- Iris manual, Exposure 1/30, Gain 100

Thanks!
Carito

Carito

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. I tried that a couple days ago and when it saved nothing happened. Does it require a restart? Any particular setting I should try for the WDR Range value? I will have to set it tonight and check tomorrow while at work. Seems odd within the camera itself I dont see that. These two cameras almost face East.

Do you notice any other settings I have wrong?

Thx

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. I tried that a couple days ago and when it saved nothing happened. Does it require a restart? Any particular setting I should try for the WDR Range value? I will have to set it tonight and check tomorrow while at work. Seems odd within the camera itself I dont see that. These two cameras almost face East.

Do you notice any other settings I have wrong?

Thx
set it in the camera itself...
Start at 30 and see how it goes..note that wdr will have a negative effect on night images...

Carito

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I must be crazy or blind but I swear there is no setting called WDR on the camera itself.

The FW shows as v5.2.0 build 140721
Encoding v5.0 build 140714.

Last edited:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That camera has DWDR not WDR; wont really help much.. True WDR would help alot but he dont have it; you really need a camera w/a mechanical Iris for best results

Carito

n3wb
Reaction score
That camera has DWDR not WDR; wont really help much.. True WDR would help alot but he dont have it; you really need a camera w/a mechanical Iris for best results
Oh ok. Any idea if there is anything I can change or adjust? Dont see anything called DWDR either. Pretty new to this. Anyhow they didnt used to do this. For at least 5 hours a day the image looks like what I posted.

Looks like I can update the FW to IPC - DS-2CD2xx2_Firmware_v5.4.0_160530

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Probably because its winter and those cameras are looking south; the sun has moved from summer and is much lower in the sky.

point the camera a different angle, increase the shutter speed

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That image looks just my 2032 bullet after rain got inside. Have you looked at the lense for moisture? Mine was just as bad at night though, you dont mention the night image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Carito

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah the night looks ok. Or no worse than normal. Both cams are bright like that. When its overcast or something, I can see clear down the street.

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah the night looks ok. Or no worse than normal. Both cams are bright like that. When its overcast or something, I can see clear down the street.
Definitely not the same issue luckily for you lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To get to the wdr setting you need to turn off blc.

You cant have both BLC and WDR on.

Carito

n3wb
Reaction score
Carcus thx. I just got up. Its only 0730 and already the street was fading out. It immediately got better one the WDR was set on the camera after turning of the BLC. Probably just have to tweak it some.

Couple more questions.... :)
1- Is it better to make whatever changes on each camera as opposed to the NVR? Wouldnt the NVR overwrite them?
2- Cam FW. On HIK sites, it says this is available... IPC - DS-2CD2xx2_Firmware_v5.4.0_160530. Is the correct for the DS--2CD2132-i ?
3- NVR. I have a DS-7608NI-SE/8P. Only thing I see with a similar name is NVR-DS76xxNI-E1(E2)P_Firmware_3.4.3_160822 Not sure about the E1 E2 where mine says SE

I dont want to brick anything lol. I am apparantly way behind. The NVR is on 2.3.10 build 141128 and is probably why emails quite working.

Thx!

Kieran

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1- Is it better to make whatever changes on each camera as opposed to the NVR? Wouldnt the NVR overwrite them?
2- Cam FW. On HIK sites, it says this is available... IPC - DS-2CD2xx2_Firmware_v5.4.0_160530. Is the correct for the DS--2CD2132-i ?
3- NVR. I have a DS-7608NI-SE/8P. Only thing I see with a similar name is NVR-DS76xxNI-E1(E2)P_Firmware_3.4.3_160822 Not sure about the E1 E2 where mine says SE
1. It's better to make changes on the NVR wherever possible, as these will indeed be pushed to the camera. Image settings like WDR however can only be changed on the camera itself
2. Use the Hikvision European download portal for firmware updates. Your DS-2CD2132-I is part of the R0 series of 2xx2 cameras, so yes the firmware you're looking at is correct.
3. You can find firmware updates for the DS-7608NI-SE/8P in this section of the download portal.

As always, make sure it's not a Chinese market model before updating.