Hik Compatible PG2387C- Options for Freak Brick surprise.

Atech

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey There,, I have a new Aliexpress Hik PG2387C -IP Camera ,POE, Turret ,8MP ColorVU ,, when Factory defaulted lost all firmware ,, When using IP cam tools the only thing i could get from the Cam is the IP address, and China Shenzhen. The seller would not send me the Firmware,, just wanted send pictures or get on my Laptop with teamviewer /?? Is it possible they can fix the issue that way ?? I just don't like someone having access to my computer ?? What are my options ?? Let help in them with team viewer?? Software is ver.V5.8.0_200701. Thks for any Tips.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey There,, I have a new Aliexpress Hik PG2387C -IP Camera ,POE, Turret ,8MP ColorVU ,, when Factory defaulted lost all firmware ,, When using IP cam tools the only thing i could get from the Cam is the IP address, and China Shenzhen. The seller would not send me the Firmware,, just wanted send pictures or get on my Laptop with teamviewer /?? Is it possible they can fix the issue that way ?? I just don't like someone having access to my computer ?? What are my options ?? Let help in them with team viewer?? Software is ver.V5.8.0_200701. Thks for any Tips.
I can't find that model in a search, hope you didn't purchase a China Region version, that's had the language hacked.
Use a web browser to navigate to the IP address you found, and it may let you initialize the camera again. It didn't loose the firmware if it is showing you an IP.

Atech

n3wb
Reaction score
HI! Looney2ns ,, i have tried all of things,, It won't connect to the cam with any cam tools,, it grabs an ip from the network or NVR ,, when i connect to NVR it shows ONVIF ,,and IP Address error occurred , i then edit it to Hikvision , and refresh ,, it shows Hikvision,, press status and it says network is unreachable??

Atech

n3wb
Reaction score
Alastair,, Only HIK NVR ,, And ONVIF Manager ,,but only shows the DHCP server is giving it or the NVR NIC Card,, ONVIF manager shows IP address given it by DHCP,,it shows it is an ONVIF IP Camera,, no Version shown ,just China Shenzhen. I have tried to connect to the IP address with browers, Explorer ,SADP, AJDevTools , and won't Show and info.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have tried to connect to the IP address with browers, Explorer ,SADP, AJDevTools , and won't Show and info.
OK, that shows that the 'hikserver' program that these 'Hikvision compatible' cameras use is not running.
So something bad is stopping the firmware from fully initialising.

If the seller won't help - are you going to try an Aliexpress dispute? Presumably you've confirmed delivery already.

If you are going to explore it yourself - you'd have to find and access the serial console.
I don't suppose it has an SD card hatch with a reset button and console connector like an actual Hikvision model?

Atech

n3wb
Reaction score
No SD /reset Hatch,, Can they do anything remotely ?? If not i will have to start a dispute. Thks for your time.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, remotely they could install the firmware and get you going if it is anything that can be done without having to physically touch the camera and provided it isn't a defective unit. They could also install a virus...lots of things. If you trust them, then probably not a big deal. If you feel they are sketchy, then start a dispute.

Most here do not give their cameras access to the internet and if they have to do this with a vendor, they do it on a standalone VLAN or with the computer connected to the guest wifi to try to minimize a threat. But that doesn't mean it is completely safe either, especially the device. If you have an old device you never use and would only use it for this and then reformat the computer, then the risks are minimal. Everyday computer, I would probably pass.

Atech

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay So the manufacture is sending me the Firmware when the seller gets it,, would that include the bootloader?? Or is that separate.?

Lucas Tam

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you figure this out - I just got one of these cameras and it seems pretty nice (for the price). Just wondering if it does get bricked what the recover process is.

Atech

n3wb
Reaction score
No,, i got a refund ,, u can find the Manufacture of the camera and email. I don't remember what the name is. / Sorry