Hik DS-2CD2032F-I replace RJ45 socket

sygad1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi All,

Water got inside the RJ45 socket and it fried the connections, I removed the outer casing so I could get a better view of the damage, it seems it has completely melted 2 of my connections

Anyone know what wires go to what pins? As you can see, i've got 2 blown connections, I can probably continuity test 6 of the wires, but that leaves 2 wires unknown.

Cheers

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Water got inside the RJ45 socket and it fried the connections, I removed the outer casing so I could get a better view of the damage, it seems it has completely melted 2 of my connections

Anyone know what wires go to what pins? As you can see, i've got 2 blown connections, I can probably continuity test 6 of the wires, but that leaves 2 wires unknown.

Cheers

search the forum for "pinout" there are many threads that discuss it..after repair, if the camera still works, use coax seal to keep the water out..

sygad1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
[solved]

After reading a few more threads and realising I had the budget camera with the pro wiring, I eventually bought a pin-out board for the RJ45 so I could try re-wiring it several times without sacrificing the cable length

Pin RJ45 (T-568B) > HikCam

1 white/orange > black
2 orange > brown
3 white/green > green
4 blue > orange
5 white/blue > red
6 green > yellow
7 white/brown > purple
8 brown > blue