Hik NVR 7716NI-I4/16P problems

Reaction score
I can't get to the mirror setting on Hik dome cameras using the NVR. Have to pull the cable and go in manual through IE.

Anyone else?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Access the camera directly using the NVR Virtual Host facility, via the links under Camera Management in the right hand column.

Reaction score
OK, I am using NVR 4.0 firmware, under camera settings cameras are listed on the screen, nothing to the right.
Left side has display config, video parameters, poe channel. privacy mask. The word camera management is not there

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I am using NVR 4.0 firmware, under camera settings cameras are listed on the screen, nothing to the right.
I'm not familiar with the V4.x firmware - so can't point you in the right direct with actual detail - but the Enable for Virtual Host is here on the 3.4.x firmware, after which the links should appear :
upload_2019-4-1_15-27-47.png

Reaction score
Good Idea, but that interface does not even show the other options like image day night or wdr. NADA
I was hoping...

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On 4.0, through the web interface, go to Config, Network, Advanced, Other - tick "enable virtual host" - hit "save"

Then go to Config, System, Camera Management and you will see the links to directly access the cams' interface.

Reaction score
Yes, great. After that I called to find I was 2 firmware version down. After I could not get the password screen, I had to default the setup and start over.
4 hours later I am almost there.
DYNDNS does not work anymore. I entered the address into the nvr, but it always fails. It was working and the setting are good.