Hik-Online is closing, Hik-Connect is not compatible with my device

Cossie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What should I do now?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Use one of the million dynamic DNS services available....

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Which one do you recommend?
Just use Dyn - they will provide you a free account, however you need to sign in every 30 days at the physical site to keep it active, or look for a promo code and snag two years for like $40 which will also get you numerous other features.

cosmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using Dyn now but can't get iVMS-4500 to work. Before HikVision decided to terminate their original DDNS service, I was using that successfully with iVMS. In the app, I don't know what settings to use. Is it "IP/Domain" or "IP Server"? For the former, it asks for address and port. For the later, server address and identifier, whatever that means.

My routers update Dyn's DDNS settings, but I can no longer use iVMS.

pghcamman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you were using hikvision ddns before there was no need to change only terminating service to new registrations.

cosmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seeing that the end was nigh, I deleted them. :-(

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm using Dyn now but can't get iVMS-4500 to work. Before HikVision decided to terminate their original DDNS service, I was using that successfully with iVMS. In the app, I don't know what settings to use. Is it "IP/Domain" or "IP Server"? For the former, it asks for address and port. For the later, server address and identifier, whatever that means.
You need to put IP/Domain on iVMS-4500.